Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do white british people drive ****** cars? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSteed24)
    - i love Alfa Romeos too - like they're like ferraris i might actually be able to afford
    Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Media student)
    I would recommend you keep away from his hands, you never know, he might grab you and take you to an unknown place, and do a bad thing, am warning you, STAY AWAY:mad:
    Well as long as I get a pink Lamborghini in future preferably a Spyder or Superleggera...I am happy

(Original post by DaveSteed24)
    oh god its like they designed one car - and then gave up - have u seen the Panamera i think its called :puke: - bit graphic - but fitting :p: - with Lambos and Ferraris and stuff you get something different every time like some imagination and passion

I don't like lambos or ferraris..

I'd much rather these:

Spoiler:
    Show

And

:love::coma::sexface:

Yeah... im not big on lambo or ferrari, overrated imo

I would kill for a 6R4

ReputationRep:
    There is a substantial majority of Asians who spend Most of their income in cars, and live in poor/council areas. I guess its just a culture thing.

ReputationRep:
    dont think it really matters what car someone of a different origin drives, and area near me all the asians drive crappy cars but in other areas they all have pretty new cars

Just comes down to personal preference really, you tend to see all kinds of people driving all kinds of cars

ReputationRep:
    Its simples:

Asians are very much like the humble Magpie, shiny stuff = WIN!

houses don't shine, but beemers, and mercs do!

(Im allowed to say this as im asian so nyehhh!)

No but seriously its a ******* joke, why does a culture have to be that insecure about there status in the world! Its these views that really compound my identity crisis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yekim_8)
    I'm more concerned in trying to figure out what swear word is being used with 6 asterix's :confused:
    This :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with Fiesta's? Ive got one and i love it. What car have you got OP?

ReputationRep:
    There's a loads of reasons, wait no, for starters I'm an asian and I live on a road where there's all white people and only 1 other asian family and the whole street has got mercs, bmw's, jags etc so its a stereotype that minorites have good cars and white people have got like fords and stuff. But when this IS the case its due to loads things. Some asians tend to save alot and don't take alot of loans and use credit card so they don't get in debt, they save up and they buy a nice house and car, simple, whereas some white people (not being stereotype, this is just with some remember) take out credit cards and loans and what not and spend it on unecessary things such as holidays etc and end up in debt and therefore have no savings left to spend on cars etc.

But like I said its not a general view

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayba5)
    Curiosity!!:confused:
    Don't say that, a cat might die.

Srsly though, Astras are cheaper than BMWs.

Explains a lot, no?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's probably fair to say a lot of poorer Asians don't own cars at all, unless they're taxis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m_spiers)
    Whats wrong with Fiesta's? Ive got one and i love it. What car have you got OP?
    Definitely NOT the Audi on their signature :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaz111)
    Its simples:

Asians are very much like the humble Magpie, shiny stuff = WIN!

houses don't shine, but beemers, and mercs do!

(Im allowed to say this as im asian so nyehhh!)

No but seriously its a ******* joke, why does a culture have to be that insecure about there status in the world! Its these views that really compound my identity crisis!
    People who come from poorer backgrounds do have an identity crisis, they think by showing off a new car or wearing a new clothes everyday will make them superior and fulfill their Inferiority complex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Media student)
    People who come from poorer backgrounds do have an identity crisis, they think by showing off a new car or wearing a new clothes everyday will make them superior and fulfill their Inferiority complex
    Indeed. Hence;

Bling; invariably worn by chavs or people who have suddenly come into lots of money
    Russian Oligarchs and their disgusting displays of wealth
    Asians and their cars
    etc

Real money, proper money, doesnt shout about what they earn, or what they have. Its appreciated and spent wisely, many of the richest people in the world are quite unassuming.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they aren't compensating for something :p:

ReputationRep:
    My Focus sure as hell isn't a '****' car. It never skips a beat and hasn't ever let me down. I've yet to spend a penny on it needing a new part etc, which for a nine year old car is pretty good going. Suits my budget too when I get over 400 miles out of a full tank

I don't need a badge on my car to give myself some kind of self-assurance, BMW's have awful suspension and are expensive to maintain and replace worn out parts. I'd rather spend my saved cash on a nice holiday and days out, thanks to my '****' car

ReputationRep:
    This thread was just an invitation for abuse.:yes: :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Tell me dear fellow, do their cars get ******** as their skin whitening cream takes effect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorafdfs)
    Tell me dear fellow, do their cars get ******** as their skin whitening cream takes effect?
    Whats with the racist comment?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    maybe because they aren't douchebags (lol well they are) who believe other people will think they are superior because they have an expensive car. what's the ******* point of having a 'nice' car? nobody gives a ****, in fact, it makes it easier for everyone else to determine how much of a fag you are.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.