Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do white british people drive ****** cars? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpanielMadHouse)
    My Focus sure as hell isn't a '****' car. It never skips a beat and hasn't ever let me down. I've yet to spend a penny on it needing a new part etc, which for a nine year old car is pretty good going. Suits my budget too when I get over 400 miles out of a full tank

I don't need a badge on my car to give myself some kind of self-assurance, BMW's have awful suspension and are expensive to maintain and replace worn out parts. I'd rather spend my saved cash on a nice holiday and days out, thanks to my '****' car
    You are happy with your focus because you have never driven a better car, sad really

and also American cars are unreliable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayba5)
    I mean you see most of them driving either ford focus or fiesta

whereas minorities get to drive Audis bmws mercs etc

Is because of the discrimination against white people, or its just not a priority, they prefer to spend their money on holidays or bigger houses, or clubs/pubs or buying season tickets to watch football

When I drive in Asian areas, I see old cramped houses but with nice cars parked in front (not always of course, am not generalizing here)

Its got to be the way people spend their money, I see most white people just dont really give a s*** about cars, unlike asians or black

discuss
    Because their cheap to buy, my boyfriend has a ford fiesta and he got it for 500.

ReputationRep:
    Whats with the racist comment?:confused:
    Why is it racist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by porch monkey 4 life)
    maybe because they aren't douchebags (lol well they are) who believe other people will think they are superior because they have an expensive car. what's the ******* point of having a 'nice' car? nobody gives a ****, in fact, it makes it easier for everyone else to determine how much of a fag you are.
    why would owning a nice car make you a fag?lame
    i tell u something, if u have driven a lambo or a ferrari, u wouldnt sleep that night without dreaming about buying one, so i suggest u stick with ur ****** car

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorafdfs)
    Why is it racist?
    what has this thread got to do with whitening creams?

ReputationRep:
    why would owning a nice car make you a fag?lame
    i tell u something, if u have driven a lambo or a ferrari, u wouldnt sleep that night without dreaming about buying one, so i suggest u stick with ur ****** car
    i've driven a skyline, yes it's better than my fiesta but god what a waste of money, a 'lambo or a ferrari' would an even bigger waste. and tbh it's not the driving experience, most people buy them for everyone else to see. i don't care what they say, it's true.

ReputationRep:
    what has this thread got to do with whitening creams?
    The truth can be painful x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    Because their cheap to buy, my boyfriend has a ford fiesta and he got it for 500.
    500? Am sure he is having nightmares with it
    dont say otherwise because I wont believe it so dont bother

ReputationRep:
    The truth can be painful x
    so you admit being racist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    theyre for people with an acquired taste :fyi:
    my dad says the same about fried potato skins..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by porch monkey 4 life)
    i've driven a skyline, yes it's better than my fiesta but god what a waste of money, a 'lambo or a ferrari' would an even bigger waste. and tbh it's not the driving experience, most people buy them for everyone else to see. i don't care what they say, it's true.
    Am sure if u had the money
    u would do the same

ReputationRep:
    Whats with the racist comment?:confused:
    Forget racist, it don't make no DANG sense.

ReputationRep:
    so you admit being racist?
    I can't be racist I'm not white :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    500? Am sure he is having nightmares with it
    dont say otherwise because I wont believe it so dont bother
    I meant £50 sorry he got it off a friend, the car wasn't so good but it was good for a first time car it had been sitting on his uncles drive for a few years. He's had a Peugeot 106 for a few years now, for £550 and he's never had problems with it.

ReputationRep:

Lithuanians are white, infact very white
    i had a Lithuanian teacher at college, ok i admit she was hot:p:
    and she had a very white skin
    so what do you mean by i am not white?

ReputationRep:

Is because of the discrimination against white people, or its just not a priority, they prefer to spend their money on holidays or bigger houses, or clubs/pubs or buying season tickets to watch football

When I drive in Asian areas, I see old cramped houses but with nice cars parked in front (not always of course, am not generalizing here)

Its got to be the way people spend their money, I see most white people just dont really give a s*** about cars, unlike asians or black

discuss

Leave my Escalade out of this. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    Non white people can be racist too:eyeball:

ReputationRep:

discuss
    I have no clue where you got your information from! I have friends of different backgrounds and its all individual preference.

Were u, OP, by chance watching the programme today on BNP wives today? I recall one racist on there making the exact same comment, without reason.

If you go to ANY estate, whether its predominantly white, black or asian, you will see the occasional 'nice' car. Why the F*** not? Maybe they cant afford to buy a nice house in the suburbs?! Buying a nice car will never cost as much as buying a nice house. Everyone deserves something nice. There is no need to narrow it down to a specific race with NO proof. It just proves ignorance really...

You have just opened the floor for every and anyone to 'race bash'.

Well done!

ReputationRep:
    It's a larger and closer family community, housing wise they all support each over, extended familys often life together making there housing cost less and leaving them the money for Audi's ect.
    I also think it is a difference in priorities 'British' take more pride in the home rather than in a car.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think my cars are ****. Nor the cars owned by the rest of my family...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.