Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What the **** is his problem?! watch

Anon or delete please, not sure if he uses this site.

Basically, I've been seeing this guy for about 2 months, but we recently became 'official' as boyfriend/girlfriend about 2 weeks ago. We're not very public about it, like we don't hold hands in public or anything like that. People in our college class have their suspicions since we're flirty and chatty in class, but that's it. All of my friends know, all of his friends know, but we're just not very public if this make sense. It's not that we're hiding it or that it's a secret, though. He's totally different when it's just me and him, all cuddly and lovely.

Anyway. He was slightly reluctant to enter a relationship, since his last one lasted 3 years and he felt trapped in it and was worried about that happening again, but he seems okay with this now. He keeps emphasising that he doesn't want it to get 'too serious', which is fine because we're both leaving for uni this year. Before anyone says it, we are not casual sex/**** buddies either. We haven't done anything sexual yet, just the usual cuddling and met the parents too. Background information done!

I just asked him about half an hour ago if he fancied changing his facebook status from single, and he said he might. I said I'd change mine if he wanted to, and he just said how he might change it at some point in the future. I know that facebook relationship statuses are not the be all and end all, but it would make me happier if we changed them. It's not as if it's a marriage proposal, but that's how he's responding to it and it's driving me ******* crazy! I feel as if he doesn't want people to know that he's in a relationship, even though is friends already know! I've gone really short/off with him now, not sure if he's even noticed but whatever.

Suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    No big deal, grow up.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, i have met guy's like that in the past who dont show when and who they are dating. it gets on your nerves at times and i think you should talk to him and then see what happens. =)

ReputationRep:
    You won't take it up the bum.

Just sayin'.

Lol I got iffy when my boyf didnt make me his "other half" on bebo when we first went out lol.

Now noone uses bebo and its all facebook. This time round (3rd) he's not so against the idea. Haha

God knows.

ReputationRep:
    If you need facebook to prove your relationship, you may have insecurity issues.. like said above. grow up

ReputationRep:
    If he's like that don't push it. You need to seem as if you're as laid back as him..

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't sound like he has an reason for that at all. Does it rely bother you anyway?

Maybe just wait a little longer and see how things go

ReputationRep:
    If I put myself in his situation then I believe he is not that into you if you understand what I mean. I am sure he likes you, but there is lack of love Give him some time, things may get better Good luck!

(Original post by Philosoraptor)
    If he's like that don't push it. You need to seem as if you're as laid back as him..
    But I'm not. I need reassurance, and yes it sounds petty but even something as simple as just changing his bloody status would make me feel a million times better. It's not a huge sacrifice to make, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Slap him.

(Original post by neo383)
    If I put myself in his situation then I believe he is not that into you if you understand what I mean. I am sure he likes you, but there is lack of love Give him some time, things may get better Good luck!
    I know he doesn't love me, I don't love him. I've only known him for about 3 months. A facebook status isn't a lifelong commitment, but it would make me happier and I don't see why he can't do that for me.

ReputationRep:
    Dump him.

ReputationRep:
    Depends...

Sound like he's only willing to do so, when it's official. You guys don't sound official by the sounds of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parfait-ego)
    If you need facebook to prove your relationship, you may have insecurity issues.. like said above. grow up
    This.

ReputationRep:
    **** his brains out
    then he'll change it

(Original post by Tombola)
    Depends...

Sound like he's only willing to do so, when it's official. You guys don't sound official by the sounds of it.
    We are. We were just seeing each other for about 6 weeks, then we had a chat about 2 weeks ago (initiated by me), where we agreed to become 'official', ie boyfriend/girlfriend. Which is why I'm so frustrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We are. We were just seeing each other for about 6 weeks, then we had a chat about 2 weeks ago (initiated by me), where we agreed to become 'official', ie boyfriend/girlfriend. Which is why I'm so frustrated.
    Nah I mean in a more sort of serious way.

You mentioned that he doesn't want the relationship to become more serious just yet, so he's got reservations about where this is heading. The facebook thing will probably change when he's more secure about the idea of being with you.

At least it makes sense in my mind. There's little point putting up the Single to Taken, only to take it down in 3 months time if things don't work out and have everyone questioning him about it.

ReputationRep:
    If you care enough about maintaining a 'relationship-status' on Facebook to register yours as 'single' in the first place, it's simple courtesy to amend it accordingly when that no longer applies. To do otherwise would make you a hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't want to be exclusive, imo, which is inevitable if everyone on FB knows he has a girlfriend.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.