Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What the **** is his problem?! Watch

(Original post by Tombola)
    Nah I mean in a more sort of serious way.

You mentioned that he doesn't want the relationship to become more serious just yet, so he's got reservations about where this is heading. The facebook thing will probably change when he's more secure about the idea of being with you.

At least it makes sense in my mind. There's little point putting up the Single to Taken, only to take it down in 3 months time if things don't work out and have everyone questioning him about it.
    I get what you mean. It's just silly, because we're not single and people know that, but it feels like we're hiding it! Just had a crazy thought.. The people that actually matter (my friends, his friends, our parents) know that we're in a relationship already. Changing statuses would only let everyone else (ie, the ones who don't matter) know. This makes sense now. I'm an idiot.

I have a solution, just going to hide my status so that way I'm not 'single' but those who I'm close to know what it is. Thanks for the response, made me think there!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think he's ready, it's only been 2 months and like you said it's nothing "serious". I don't see the point of putting your status down all together, on fb there is an option to leave it blank. Why can't you do that instead?
    You said you intiated the chat about becoming exclusive but did you pressure him by any change? Like using leading questions to approach the topic? he could of just said okay to please you.
    The fact that he said he'll change it not now, not tomorrow but in the FUTURE implies he wants to wait (a couple of months), because he isn't ready.

ReputationRep:
    Look just don't OP. A girly mate of mine wouldn't do it for her bf that she didn't really like very much and ended up dumping. Forcing him to change it won't do anything - either he'll just find you even more clingy or he'll want to dump you quicker. If he's going to stay with you he will anyway ok.. trust me don't force the issue...

(Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Look just don't OP. A girly mate of mine wouldn't do it for her bf that she didn't really like very much and ended up dumping. Forcing him to change it won't do anything - either he'll just find you even more clingy or he'll want to dump you quicker. If he's going to stay with you he will anyway ok.. trust me don't force the issue...
    I'm going to take your advice. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm going to take your advice. Thank you.
    Np. Good to hear it. Trust me, however it works out it's better for you this way. I learnt most stuff the hard way and wish I had people to tell me lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.