Turn on thread page Beta

do you think he likes me or just being friendly? watch

ReputationRep:
    a relatively close guy friend I've known for over a yr (met abroad) has now come to my home country/staying in same city. he's been in constant contact w/ me since he arrived, and I met up with him on the weekend. after our meeting he texted me thanking me for going shopping w/ him & that I should tell him when I'm free so that we can hang out. I said yeh sure and that id be in touch. next day he texted me telling me about how his first day at his placement went, and asking me about my day. I replied, and he replied adding information to his first txt. I didn't reply to that one just cos it was a bit unnecessary.

2 days later he called but I missed it at the time - called him back and he said he called as he was seeing something near my uni and just wanted to see if I wanted to go too. we chatted, then when we were saying bye he invited me out to have drinks with some of his new friends on the weekend..

i was thinking he's probably is doing this cos he's new to the city and is just lonely..which is understandable, but just wanted to get an outsider's perspective?

ReputationRep:
    I think from that you can't tell. He could just be being friendly.

Spend more time with him and find out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HyperGiant)
    I think from that you can't tell. He could just be being friendly.

Spend more time with him and find out
    ok thanks for the comment
    anyone else?

Sounds pretty positive , if nothing else you have a good friend (that is if you like them). They definitely really like you as a friend, so maybe even if they don't like you as more, it could develop into something.
    I would definitely not rule out the fact they may fancy you - play it by ear... I bet you'll be able to tell if he does if you hang out with him more. Eye contact, if he touches you a lot, if he compliments you more than seems normal e.t.c.

ReputationRep:
    He wants yo get freaaaky with yooouuu.

ReputationRep:
    It baffles me how people just can't make sense of things themselves and would rather turn to random people who don't know jack all about the situation for advice and interpretation.

Guess what, I don't know the guy, maybe he's really friendly, maybe he's just naturally flirtacious...I don't know, we don't know. Don't be such a social retard, use some common sense and trust your own initiative to decide.

pissed me off now :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    It baffles me how people just can't make sense of things themselves and would rather turn to random people who don't know jack all about the situation for advice and interpretation.

Guess what, I don't know the guy, maybe he's really friendly, maybe he's just naturally flirtacious...I don't know, we don't know. Don't be such a social retard, use some common sense and trust your own initiative to decide.

pissed me off now :mad:
    ok calm down playboy... this is a health and relationship forum? so i would think this type of post is expected...

ReputationRep:
    Some people are just nice, like me.

Want a cookie? :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsgeru)
    ok calm down playboy... this is a health and relationship forum? so i would think this type of post is expected...
    Seriously how is anybody supposed to know? Surely you must have some level of common sense to interpret this from your own perspective. What you're doing is just a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like he's just being friendly, you know, he's new 2 the country and city etc so wants to make your guys friendship stronger, But u never know, its 2 early to tell lol

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he's just being friendly.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've liked people I've met before and had the chance come around probably would have...so yeah he could like you... but you're the one who's there - put feelers out.
    Do you want something to happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Well I've liked people I've met before and had the chance come around probably would have...so yeah he could like you... but you're the one who's there - put feelers out.
    Do you want something to happen?
    sorry i don't understand what you're talking about here?
    but yes to answer your question, it would be nice if he reciprocated :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Seriously how is anybody supposed to know? Surely you must have some level of common sense to interpret this from your own perspective. What you're doing is just a waste of time.
    haha k, i do see your point...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsgeru)
    sorry i don't understand what you're talking about here?
    but yes to answer your question, it would be nice if he reciprocated :rolleyes:
    Do you want him to like you or not?

And as said - use your head. One can generally tell if someone is interested or at least COULD be interested. Or whether you know for sure they're not.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.