Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi All

I'm really interested in proceeding straight onto a Gold DoE - as currently, I am highly active with spending about 7hours on different organisations, teams, a psychology course, buddying, helping Year 7's read: so I though all of this could contribute towards it...

If your doing it, or have general knowledge: or know someone who is? How much would I be required to spend over the 18months?
    And is it duable within A levels and what I am currently doing now?

Thank very much - this will help me so much!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    7 hours a day? That's pretty intense. 0_0

I don't the slightest thing about DoE awards, though. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phen)
    7 hours a day? That's pretty intense. 0_0

I don't the slightest thing about DoE awards, though. Sorry.
    HAHAHAH NO!!
    A WEEK silly

oh it's ok, do not worry

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'd be able to get a skill, service and physical activity out of the stuff you're doing, so there'd be little regular extra stuff involved. Although the expeditions might be a bit of a step up if you haven't done Bronze and Silver; are you generally fit/ do you do much hill walking anyway?
    And it's perfectly doable alongside A Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    I'm sure you'd be able to get a skill, service and physical activity out of the stuff you're doing, so there'd be little regular extra stuff involved. Although the expeditions might be a bit of a step up if you haven't done Bronze and Silver; are you generally fit/ do you do much hill walking anyway?
    And it's perfectly doable alongside A Levels.
    Yerh, it's so true...
    Well, I used to go army acadets!
    So I've done PLENTY of hill walking haha!

So I wouldn't have to do anything extra apart from my stuff now?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's doable with A-levels, plenty of people do it (though I didn't). I would guess it won't add much to your schedule since it sounds like you are already doing plenty of stuff that can count towards it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay :))
    HAHAHAH NO!!
    A WEEK silly

oh it's ok, do not worry
    Ahh, I see. Well, 7 hours can't be hard to jam into a schedule, right? :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm in A2 year and am doing it! I've more or less finished the sport, skill and service sections, just need to do a residential project and the expedition! but I am considering dropping out since the qualifying expedition is planned for the easter break right before exams

ReputationRep:
    Yerh, it's so true...
    Well, I used to go army acadets!
    So I've done PLENTY of hill walking haha!

So I wouldn't have to do anything extra apart from my stuff now?
    As long as you do a service (i.e. helping out at a children's group, or for a charity or whatever), a physical activity and a skill (e.g. musical instrument, driving can count for that etc.) then that's those sections satisfied. But you've still got the expedition and residential of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Yes it's doable with A-levels, plenty of people do it (though I didn't). I would guess it won't add much to your schedule since it sounds like you are already doing plenty of stuff that can count towards it.
    Mmm Yerh..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phen)
    Ahh, I see. Well, 7 hours can't be hard to jam into a schedule, right? :P
    HA, no it's prefectly fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n_251)
    I'm in A2 year and am doing it! I've more or less finished the sport, skill and service sections, just need to do a residential project and the expedition! but I am considering dropping out since the qualifying expedition is planned for the easter break right before exams
    Oh really!
    That's so good, when you have to complete these sections - would I have to just do one event or several to satisfy the 'box', so to speak,
    or really! What a poo. (N)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    As long as you do a service (i.e. helping out at a children's group, or for a charity or whatever), a physical activity and a skill (e.g. musical instrument, driving can count for that etc.) then that's those sections satisfied. But you've still got the expedition and residential of course.

Yes, I saw on the website - and this woul be over the WHOLE 18month period? Which considering, is quite alright?

hmm... I've been considering of doing this also

I think I know a nice guy on here, who has done DofE and can help you...

(Original post by JordanCarroll)
    x
    If you don't mind :o:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you probably have stuff that could count for each section, and you don't have to do any section longer than 18 months.
    Easily do-able alongside exams and stuff, it's not terribly difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    hmm... I've been considering of doing this also

I think I know a nice guy on here, who has done DofE and can help you...

If you don't mind :o:
    Arr thank you so much!
    Really, what you thinking?
    You doing A-Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    Looks like you probably have stuff that could count for each section, and you don't have to do any section longer than 18 months.
    Easily do-able alongside exams and stuff, it's not terribly difficult.
    Yess I see now,
    One clarification - would it be 18months all together or on each section :|

ReputationRep:
    Yess I see now,
    One clarification - would it be 18months all together or on each section :|
    You do it all at the same time, so it's like 3 hours a week for 18 months(I forget the times for direct applicants, but I don't think you need to log all activities for the full 18 months, 1 might only need to be for 12.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    You do it all at the same time, so it's like 3 hours a week for 18 months(I forget the times for direct applicants, but I don't think you need to log all activities for the full 18 months, 1 might only need to be for 12.)
    So an EXTRA 12?

I mean, would the activities be other than what I currently do - so an extra 3 hours on top of everything?
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    it is possible, however it would be hard to go straight to gold, simply due to the expedition part....but not if you are physically fit

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.