Turn on thread page Beta

For those who like music watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been listening to this post hardcore band 'Adept' from Sweden and have just release their debut album. They seem really unknown but I'm completely addicted! I just wandered if anyone had heard of them and if they hadn't then to recommend them, theyre on spotify. Listen to Ballad of Planet Earth which is only a short one and then 'Give me back my dreams you negligent whore!' (yes they have amazing song titles).

Enjoy

EDIT: I'm changing the thread title to lure people in, mwhahahaha

ReputationRep:
    no replies! wtf this never happens, am i the only one who likes ph in the world?

ReputationRep:
    guess so... im gonna go listen to some emo music and wallow in self pity.

ReputationRep:
    When you get a decent taste in music, then you will get replies. I suggest you look up dubstep, or at least listen to Radio 1 live now and try to convert.

ReputationRep:
    Dubstep is ****. Hmmm they're not bad, just a bit mid-00's cliche screamo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29zZbDoR4Zw check these guys out, they're more on the indie/Brand New side of emo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broderss)
    When you get a decent taste in music, then you will get replies. I suggest you look up dubstep, or at least listen to Radio 1 live now and try to convert.
    Im from Bristol, of course i like dupstep! I like most genres, i just appreciate individual bands because particular songs click for me, not for the genre theyre in.

ReputationRep:
    haha, radio 1...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ----------)
    Im from Bristol, of course i like dupstep! I like most genres, i just appreciate individual bands because particular songs click for me, not for the genre theyre in.
    ha, and I do listen to radio 1. But doesn't a song begin to lose its power when its overplayed to millions of people. Theres something special about having one song thats yours and means alot to just you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seanisonfire)
    Dubstep is ****. Hmmm they're not bad, just a bit mid-00's cliche screamo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29zZbDoR4Zw check these guys out, they're more on the indie/Brand New side of emo
    Theyre really good! where are they from, and do they have an album out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ----------)
    Theyre really good! where are they from, and do they have an album out?
    They're from the UK and they have an amazing album out called 'I Woke the Devil', I highly recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    sounds pretty good in all fairness

ReputationRep:
    They're from the UK and they have an amazing album out called 'I Woke the Devil', I highly recommend it.
    listening to it now, they sound like theyre from scotland.

EDIT: says theyre from london.

ReputationRep:
    Post hardcore........ um.... what?!

Doesnt sound like it would fit in my music library though, alongside house, jungle, dnb, dubstep, trance, dance, vocal beats.......

ReputationRep:
    Pahaha, I love TSR. The Post-Hardcore fans (and I can bet that they do exist) are too hip to talk about it; so the DnB fans come in and go "WTF? Listen to good music". Dudes - calm it down, it's a genre. :rofl:

Anyway - I like Post-Hardcore, but, not in the sense that Adept are 'post-hardcore'; dudes sound more metalcore to me. Too many softened blast-beats, chugging riffs and screeches for it to be of-that-ilk. Seems PH has become a synonym for Screamo these days then, eh? :rolleyes:

It's true what they say - or, rather what my definitions of musical history say - Post-Hardcore died out when At The Drive-In split up. After that, there was only screamo and emo, wishing they could live up to the real post-hardcore sound. Of modern PH, only Hundred Reasons' Kill Your Own (song, not album) lives up to the hype of being Post-Hardcore. Everything else died out with ATDI, tbqfh.

Maybe they should rename it to Postcore, to differentiate between the old, and the new :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)
    Pahaha, I love TSR. The Post-Hardcore fans (and I can bet that they do exist) are too hip to talk about it; so the DnB fans come in and go "WTF? Listen to good music". Dudes - calm it down, it's a genre. :rofl:

Anyway - I like Post-Hardcore, but, not in the sense that Adept are 'post-hardcore'; dudes sound more metalcore to me. Too many softened blast-beats, chugging riffs and screeches for it to be of-that-ilk. Seems PH has become a synonym for Screamo these days then, eh? :rolleyes:

It's true what they say - or, rather what my definitions of musical history say - Post-Hardcore died out when At The Drive-In split up. After that, there was only screamo and emo, wishing they could live up to the real post-hardcore sound. Of modern PH, only Hundred Reasons' Kill Your Own (song, not album) lives up to the hype of being Post-Hardcore. Everything else died out with ATDI, tbqfh.

Maybe they should rename it to Postcore, to differentiate between the old, and the new :yes:
    Someone hasn't heard mewithoutYou

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A is for Awesome)
    Someone hasn't heard mewithoutYou

Actually, seen them live with Brand New a few years back. Heard of, heard; been there, seen it, done it, bought the t-shirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatatonicStupor)

Debating genre terms is ultimately completely pointless so long as people continue to use them. If you were going to call it screamo, it would have to sound like Funeral Diner and such like, but it doesn't. If you were going to call it emo...well...emo has become such an umbrella term it could sound like anything. Yet I called it screamo because genre terms are so vague and relative they become obsolete.

Edit: Metalcore is the worst for it, by it's very definition it should be a mix of hardcore and metal, but ends up being more like this than this

ReputationRep:
    No offence pal but dupbstep is much ******* better than the emo **** you listen to :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benmh92)
    No offence pal but dupbstep is much ******* better than the emo **** you listen to :p:
    Naw.

ReputationRep:
    dupbstep is my new favourite genre.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.