Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2010 Valentine's Day Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Cut a hole in a shoe box, stick your penis in and let her open it.
    hahahaa!

ReputationRep:
    buy her a pandora bracelet there £55 then whenever you have to buy her anything you can buy her a cute charm

ReputationRep:
    Sex, and KFC.
    If she complains, tell her to shut the hell up, and eat her chicken.
    That'll teach the biatch.

Why don't you do something romantic! like lots of clues on paper and in different places and then at the end you could be there with some flowers or something and take her out for a romantic meal or do something she likes?
    Or go for a long weekend away? Things like that mean more than just a bracelet or something.

ReputationRep:
    For you not to make a fuss out of the cheesiest days of the year. Me and my boyfriend might go out for a meal, or I might cook for him. Wining and dining would do me fine, I don't need gifts

ReputationRep:
    What do I want?
    To wake up and see my boyfriend next door to me. To spend a day in bed and then cook for him later on, then go back to bed with a good movie. To forget about the zillion commitments we both have and to concentrate on each other.
    But then again, I'm not your girlfriend :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    Sex, and KFC.
    If she complains, tell her to shut the hell up, and eat her chicken.
    That'll teach the biatch.
    Sex and kfc is what the girl should give her man as a valantines present (specially if he's black).

Actually chat ****. They should just do that anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranDJ)
    It's that time of year again, I've been with my girlfriend for a year and a half, Have a budget of around £85, What do girls want for valentines day this year?
    £85?
    Are you off your rocker?! haha
    Just take her out for dinner or just out for the day
    Memories not material!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why don't you do something romantic! like lots of clues on paper and in different places and then at the end you could be there with some flowers or something and take her out for a romantic meal or do something she likes?
    Or go for a long weekend away? Things like that mean more than just a bracelet or something.
    :laugh: So she spends half the day running around looking for one clue after another..? Much more romantic if they did it together.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe like get some nice photo of you and her that have been taken over the period of you going out and get a really nice frame.
    It is thought that count not how much you spend.

ReputationRep:
    I would really like a teddy to cuddle for the nights he isn't there when I move to Dundee this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    What do I want?
    To wake up and see my boyfriend next door to me. To spend a day in bed and then cook for him later on, then go back to bed with a good movie. To forget about the zillion commitments we both have and to concentrate on each other.
    But then again, I'm not your girlfriend :rolleyes:
    OMFG, that sounds amazing. That's what I want. (With my boyfriend, of course. Not with your boyfriend. Or you. No offense.) Really I just want to spend time with my man - preferrably including a nice romantic meal out somewhere and then strolling back home to snuggle up and watch something. But that will not happen this year because we live in different countries

(Original post by fox_the_fix[/QUOTE)
    Here is a tip.
    Never buy your girl friend anything of worth (i.e. necklace etc) because all that means is you have to outdo that gift next time ...
    Ah, but you get the same dilemma either way. I've been making my boyfriend super-awesome Valentine's Day cards every year since we've been going out, and after the third I'm really running dry on super-awesome ideas when I really feel like I should be outdoing my previous efforts. It stresses me out Admittedly I get to keep my money though :p:

Honestly, I don't think you need to buy your girlfriend anything. My boyfriend and I have agreed to just do cards on Valentine's and it's nice because there's no pressure or anything (except for the pressure I put on myself - see above). So he will write something nice in a card, and I will make him a nice card which is less soppy in the wording but also home-made, and if he wants to be generous he will buy me flowers because he knows I love them. But you really don't need to spend £85!

ReputationRep:
    For men to stop being absolute ****s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaniLou17)
    buy her a pandora bracelet there £55 then whenever you have to buy her anything you can buy her a cute charm
    This is actually a brilliant idea.

For my sister's birthday, I bought her a disney couture (off asos) charm bracelet, and for her next birthday, christmas, etc, I'm going to buy her a pretty charm. It's really a nice idea.

Otherwise, just get her some lovely flowers (maybe wooden ones, so she can keep them?), and take her out for a lovely day.

ReputationRep:
    £85 is too much to spend (in my personal opinion). Birthday/Christmas/Anniversaries - yes. Valentine's Day - no. You know her better than anyone else, at least you should do after a year and a half.
    You will know if she likes flowers or wine or games or jewellery or what kind of films/music/books/stuff she enjoys. Do an activity together, definitely a card at least (personalise it if you want to), maybe something she didn't get for Christmas or birthday that she wanted or something to go with an item she already owns. Traditional romantic blah or things that you find romantic or comforting as a couple, a memory or special moment; again that is personal but you should have an idea of this after 18 months.

Special time together, gift is secondary anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I hate Valentine's day so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Oh god I hate Valentine's day so much.
    :console:

Is Dan working afterall then?

ReputationRep:
    Stay on topic or this thread will be closed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprising my bf

Taking a coach down to Canterbury (he likes history and I love fudge :p:). We are first going punting while we eat lunch, then we'll walk around the old buildings, then before we go home I'll stuff myself with free fudge samples

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted some inspiration as to what to get my girlfriend for Valentines. I've got flowers and a card for the past 2 years and it just seems a bit too predictable to be honest.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.