Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2010 Valentine's Day Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Get nothing, it's cheaper and will completely suprise her

ReputationRep:
    Something cuddly, chocolate, make something?

Or, trawl through the huge Valentines stickie over in H&R? Bound to be something there http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1152077

ReputationRep:
    I have it all planned.

ReputationRep:
    What would be the best gift for him on Valentines Days that will clearly express your feelings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    :console:

Is Dan working afterall then?
    Ha he doesn't know as they only draw up the timetable a week or so before (and I don't think he's clicked that it's valentine's day on that weekend, so i'll be guessing anyone with sense will have booked that day off :p:) - that's how he ended up missing my birthday originally.

I just think it's such a pointless cause of stress! And the fact that people are spending £80 on their other half is worrying as I hadn't even planned to get him anything other than a card? He knows I love him and I find it a little silly that we need a holiday to prove that. :o: (any ideas on what to do? what would you get him if you were in my position?)

But if he's not working then I'd just be happy to see him tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably just going to buy some massage oil and give her a home made voucher for a candle-lit massage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    Ha he doesn't know as they only draw up the timetable a week or so before (and I don't think he's clicked that it's valentine's day on that weekend, so i'll be guessing anyone with sense will have booked that day off :p:) - that's how he ended up missing my birthday originally.

I just think it's such a pointless cause of stress! And the fact that people are spending £80 on their other half is worrying as I hadn't even planned to get him anything other than a card? He knows I love him and I find it a little silly that we need a holiday to prove that. :o: (any ideas on what to do? what would you get him if you were in my position?)

But if he's not working then I'd just be happy to see him tbh.
    Men usually need a bit of encouragement Why not just say to him, "That's Valentine's weekend, make sure you book it off"?

Valentine's is to celebrate it, not prove it! I agree that some couples take it a bit far - there's no need to go crazy with expensive stuff, particularly if you're a skint student. Just hang out and do something fun together that you both enjoy? Like if Ben and I can't go to London (depending on whether EMA feel like giving him the few hundred quid they owe him :rolleyes:) then Plan B is to go ice-skating and out for a meal. As for what to get him, I've no idea what Dan would like, so you'll have to decide that one. Plus sex tips aren't allowed on here :naughty:

Edit: But if you really hate Valentine's then there's no need to celebrate it at all? Particularly if he's likely to forget.

ReputationRep:
    We're probably going for a nice meal, then back to his to watch a few nice DVDs and I'll stay over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    Men usually need a bit of encouragement Why not just say to him, "That's Valentine's weekend, make sure you book it off"?

Valentine's is to celebrate it, not prove it! I agree that some couples take it a bit far - there's no need to go crazy with expensive stuff, particularly if you're a skint student. Just hang out and do something fun together that you both enjoy? Like if Ben and I can't go to London (depending on whether EMA feel like giving him the few hundred quid they owe him :rolleyes:) then Plan B is to go ice-skating and out for a meal. As for what to get him, I've no idea what Dan would like, so you'll have to decide that one. Plus sex tips aren't allowed on here :naughty:

Edit: But if you really hate Valentine's then there's no need to celebrate it at all? Particularly if he's likely to forget.
    :p:

And yeah if he's free i'd suggest we went out for a meal or go bowling or whatever, just something fun really. I shall just have to make it obvious that he should book that time off before everyone else does.

p.s. nice to see EMA is being put to good use :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
    Take her out for a meal.

I'm taking my boy to Café Rouge =)
    Mmm my boyfriend took me here a couple weeks ago, it was lushhh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I can't think what to get my boyfriend :beard: I've already got him two things, which I'm pretty sure he'd like but I want to get him something cute and valentines-ish.

I found this place that does really nice cupcakes and I thought about getting him some, rather than posh chocolates like usual. I've already spent about £30 and don't want to spend much more.

Thoughts?
    Where are the cupcakes from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez87)
    Mmm my boyfriend took me here a couple weeks ago, it was lushhh!
    I looooove french food :love:

Quick question, girls: is it creepy and stalker-ish to give a card to a girl who isn't your GF? Assuming I'm single, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    No ida what i'm doing this year. See ex? Feels like a bad plan. See prospective new girl? Doesnt feel right. See what happens I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Why has THIS thread been made?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgish)
    Surprise butsex seemed to work for my girlfriend last year :awesome:
    Just remember, it's not rape if you yell "surprise"! :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoebeZeitgeist)
    Just remember, it's not rape if you yell "surprise"! :mmm:
    This is so true Also get back on the cambridge thread where you belong :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_zaynah_786_x)
    What would be the best gift for him on Valentines Days that will clearly express your feelings?
    I've just ordered some of these chocolates www.affectionery.co.uk . So cool with the photos!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'm gonna be at his in the north-east now. No idea what we're gonna do yet though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemagic150)
    My first valentines with my boyfriend (last year), I had no idea what to get so I made him a little video about why I love him Cost me nothing and he really liked it
    So, I've decided to go with making him a meal... and now its working out what... i know im gonna rustle up some Choc Strawberries cos he loves them... but im also gonna make a seperate desert and a meal...

What could I have as the main dish??

Arghh... I'm useless... lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.