Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou716)
    I've just ordered some of these chocolates www.affectionery.co.uk . So cool with the photos!
    They are so cool

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I agree, it's such a good idea, I might just steal it :p: my bf's an absolute sweet fiend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJayx)
    So, I've decided to go with making him a meal... and now its working out what... i know im gonna rustle up some Choc Strawberries cos he loves them... but im also gonna make a seperate desert and a meal...

What could I have as the main dish??

Arghh... I'm useless... lol
    Umm Spaghetti Bolognese... put the bolognese bit in a heart shape? It's more that your cooking him something rather than what you cook, even beans on toast could be romantic (reminds of this thing i read where they said you could say that each bean represents a reason why you love the person :p:)

ReputationRep:
    this thread makes me feel quite sad.

ReputationRep:
    I think I might try and make some cute little cupcakes.
    I'm looking for some recipes on how to make them, so I hope he'll like them.

ReputationRep:
    That'd be nice Victoria, I did that once for one of my ex's. I iced them and then stuck Love Hearts on top

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahdaisy)
    That'd be nice Victoria, I did that once for one of my ex's. I iced them and then stuck Love Hearts on top
    Ooo I never thought of sticking Love Hearts on them.
    Thanks for the idea!
    It would be a lot easier than icing messages, but I still may do a few (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemagic150)
    Umm Spaghetti Bolognese... put the bolognese bit in a heart shape? It's more that your cooking him something rather than what you cook, even beans on toast could be romantic (reminds of this thing i read where they said you could say that each bean represents a reason why you love the person :p:)
    One better...

http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/imag...aped_pasta.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MysteryPass)
    I think I might try and make some cute little cupcakes.
    I'm looking for some recipes on how to make them, so I hope he'll like them.
    I'm gonna bake my boyfriend a cake too seems a really nice idea.

ReputationRep:
    It's my first Valentine's Day with my boyfriend this year, despite the fact we got together in 2008! Missed the 2008 one as we only got together in May, missed the one last year because we'd split up and were with other people at the time (though he didn't spend it with his new girlfriend; he went to watch West Ham instead, and although it's cruel it does please me, because we'd both realised we wanted each other back by this point but hadn't yet said anything), so yeah, 2010's Valentine's Day is our first!

NO idea what we're going to do! Apparently it's a Sunday, so maybe just the classic meal and then back to a house, perhaps via. the beach for a FREEZING romantic stroll? I need to think of a small token gift for him. I'm thinking another cactus. We like cacti. Oh wait, no, a venus fly trap!

ReputationRep:
    What a depressing thread

ReputationRep:
    I've got my boyfriend a pretty unromantic gift, but it's personal to our relationship, haha. I got him one of those blankets with sleeves 'snuggies/slankets' and I know he's going to love it because it's a private joke and he's been going on about how much he wants one (very unsubtle hinting) :yep:

No idea what he's got me, but I have INSISTED it's nothing big, because he got me the most wonderful Christmas present (IMO): a day out in London, complete with tickets to go see Wicked the Musical and a lovely romantic meal at this gorgeous little Italian place we found. I love London at Christmas, the lights are so pretty. He'd better adhere to the 'nothing big' idea, because otherwise I'll feel guilty. I'd much rather have something small and meaningful.

As cliche as it sounds, I'd actually be happy with just seeing him, because it's a LDR (relatively, anyway): he's in Bristol at university, whilst I'm still in sixth form in West Sussex. I'm going up to see him over half term for a few days, so that will make me happy enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou716)
    I've just ordered some of these chocolates www.affectionery.co.uk . So cool with the photos!
    Good idea...I might just go for this. Thanks for the suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be single. And I'm working on that day, which will depress me even more... watching love-sick couples have a romantic meal for two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    It's my first Valentine's Day with my boyfriend this year, despite the fact we got together in 2008! Missed the 2008 one as we only got together in May, missed the one last year because we'd split up and were with other people at the time (though he didn't spend it with his new girlfriend; he went to watch West Ham instead, and although it's cruel it does please me, because we'd both realised we wanted each other back by this point but hadn't yet said anything), so yeah, 2010's Valentine's Day is our first!

NO idea what we're going to do! Apparently it's a Sunday, so maybe just the classic meal and then back to a house, perhaps via. the beach for a FREEZING romantic stroll? I need to think of a small token gift for him. I'm thinking another cactus. We like cacti. Oh wait, no, a venus fly trap!
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!111 :awesome:

Ontopic: Erm! I'm pretty annoyed with falling for a girl pre-valentines day approach, were pratically a couple, but valentines day means i gotta spend more money, whatever she's driving me nuts & she's the girl next door type (except she doesn't live next door) so I am definitely going to "woo" her!

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of killing myself.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to the day :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember if I posted in here, but if I didn't - I'm making my boyfriend cook for me and probably wash up as well
    I asked the same of him last year, and he didn't. *******.

In return, well, he gets sex :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennikay)
    Can't remember if I posted in here, but if I didn't - I'm making my boyfriend cook for me and probably wash up as well
    I asked the same of him last year, and he didn't. *******.

In return, well, he gets sex :ahee:
    Haha do you not enjoy the sex then or get anything out of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chez87)
    Haha do you not enjoy the sex then or get anything out of it?
    Of course I do, I probably enjoy it more than he does :shh:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.