Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2010 Valentine's Day Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    change of plans to my earlier post in here, as i'm now basically dating a guy. i doubt we'll do anything though, kinda hoping not as i don't go for that sort of stuf and we're barely just together!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    My boyfriend is working all day
    We've been together three years and not once spent v day together!
    Aha! same here. We're bother part-time waiting staff so always have to work on valentines!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Well my sisters and mum will be over visiting me at uni Valentine's day weekend, so will be spending time with them

(Not that I would be spending it with anyone else if they weren't there..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John200)
    Originally Posted by lou716
    I've just ordered some of these chocolates www.affectionery.co.uk . So cool with the photos!

Good idea...I might just go for this. Thanks for the suggestion.

np

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMixedTape7)
    Same
    i would take you out purely based on your username, profile pic and taste in TV in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    i would take you out purely based on your username, profile pic and taste in TV in general.
    i wouldn't take you out purely based on your sexist attitude, your ugly shoe fetish and your ASBO.

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely stuck for what to do for Valentines, i just wanted a nice meal but he wants something 'different'. We've got the whole of Manchester or Nottingham available to us, but i've looked through all the theatre listings to no avail, and i reeally don't want to do quad biking/paintballing type things. I'm not a fan of mud!

Any suggestions? I'll rep anyone who can help!

ReputationRep:
    ooh i am quite excited cos its my first one with my boyfriend
    been with him 9 months friday and he says he has plans but wont tell me
    i want to get him something little even tho we said we wouldnt buy anything because he said he's spending money on what we're doing...
    i wana get him a mug or somethin cos he drinks tea and coffee all the time, does anyone know of any nice shops that sell them ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennn*)
    ooh i am quite excited cos its my first one with my boyfriend
    been with him 9 months friday and he says he has plans but wont tell me
    i want to get him something little even tho we said we wouldnt buy anything because he said he's spending money on what we're doing...
    i wana get him a mug or somethin cos he drinks tea and coffee all the time, does anyone know of any nice shops that sell them ?
    Clinton cards has some cute Boofle mugs http://static.wix.com/media/4739b1d6...4b9b141.wix_mp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoeeee)
    Clinton cards has some cute Boofle mugs http://static.wix.com/media/4739b1d6...4b9b141.wix_mp

ooh thats cute I have one now tho thankyou! Its one of the Jamie Oliver mugs..
    http://www.preshunt.com/product--Jam...-Mug-1010.html

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to get a photo frame engraved with a line from her favourite song on it. With a nice photo of us in it obviously!

And I'm also going to make her some heart shaped chocolates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j09)
    I'm going to get a photo frame engraved with a line from her favourite song on it. With a nice photo of us in it obviously!

And I'm also going to make her some heart shaped chocolates!
    That's such a cute idea!

ReputationRep:
    Well as I am currently single and will be for what looks like quite a while to come :| I am going to my m8s house to stop the night and theres ldz of us having a girls night in

Does anyone think that giving an ipod touch to a girl I really like but barely know is a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone think that giving an ipod touch to a girl I really like but barely know is a good idea?
    I'd be a bit creeped out if someone I hardly knew gave me an ipod touch... IMO if you hardly know her, a card or possibly something small like flowers or chocolates (cheesy, I know!) would be more normal...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeee :))
    I'd be a bit creeped out if someone I hardly knew gave me an ipod touch... IMO if you hardly know her, a card or possibly something small like flowers or chocolates (cheesy, I know!) would be more normal...
    This is basically what I was going to say.

Thanks,guys. God knows what I'd do without TSR.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling for something romantic to do for Valentines day! With Xmas only just over with, I'm a bit strapped for cash so am going for more of a romantic gesture rather than pricey gift - help please!

Amy x

ReputationRep:
    Romantic gesture > Pricey gift in virtually any situation.

Cook him dinner or something. The way to any (normal) man's heart is through his stomach after all.

Hope (though doubt) ive helped

:-D

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm....maybe. Any recipe ideas?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.