Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    change of plans to my earlier post in here, as i'm now basically dating a guy. i doubt we'll do anything though, kinda hoping not as i don't go for that sort of stuf and we're barely just together!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    My boyfriend is working all day
    We've been together three years and not once spent v day together!
    Aha! same here. We're bother part-time waiting staff so always have to work on valentines!:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Well my sisters and mum will be over visiting me at uni Valentine's day weekend, so will be spending time with them

(Not that I would be spending it with anyone else if they weren't there..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John200)
    Originally Posted by lou716
    I've just ordered some of these chocolates www.affectionery.co.uk . So cool with the photos!

Good idea...I might just go for this. Thanks for the suggestion.

np

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMixedTape7)
    Same
    i would take you out purely based on your username, profile pic and taste in TV in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    i would take you out purely based on your username, profile pic and taste in TV in general.
    i wouldn't take you out purely based on your sexist attitude, your ugly shoe fetish and your ASBO.

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely stuck for what to do for Valentines, i just wanted a nice meal but he wants something 'different'. We've got the whole of Manchester or Nottingham available to us, but i've looked through all the theatre listings to no avail, and i reeally don't want to do quad biking/paintballing type things. I'm not a fan of mud!

Any suggestions? I'll rep anyone who can help!

ReputationRep:
    ooh i am quite excited cos its my first one with my boyfriend
    been with him 9 months friday and he says he has plans but wont tell me
    i want to get him something little even tho we said we wouldnt buy anything because he said he's spending money on what we're doing...
    i wana get him a mug or somethin cos he drinks tea and coffee all the time, does anyone know of any nice shops that sell them ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennn*)
    ooh i am quite excited cos its my first one with my boyfriend
    been with him 9 months friday and he says he has plans but wont tell me
    i want to get him something little even tho we said we wouldnt buy anything because he said he's spending money on what we're doing...
    i wana get him a mug or somethin cos he drinks tea and coffee all the time, does anyone know of any nice shops that sell them ?
    Clinton cards has some cute Boofle mugs http://static.wix.com/media/4739b1d6...4b9b141.wix_mp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoeeee)
    Clinton cards has some cute Boofle mugs http://static.wix.com/media/4739b1d6...4b9b141.wix_mp

ooh thats cute I have one now tho thankyou! Its one of the Jamie Oliver mugs..
    http://www.preshunt.com/product--Jam...-Mug-1010.html

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to get a photo frame engraved with a line from her favourite song on it. With a nice photo of us in it obviously!

And I'm also going to make her some heart shaped chocolates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j09)
    I'm going to get a photo frame engraved with a line from her favourite song on it. With a nice photo of us in it obviously!

And I'm also going to make her some heart shaped chocolates!
    That's such a cute idea!

ReputationRep:
    Well as I am currently single and will be for what looks like quite a while to come :| I am going to my m8s house to stop the night and theres ldz of us having a girls night in

Does anyone think that giving an ipod touch to a girl I really like but barely know is a good idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone think that giving an ipod touch to a girl I really like but barely know is a good idea?
    I'd be a bit creeped out if someone I hardly knew gave me an ipod touch... IMO if you hardly know her, a card or possibly something small like flowers or chocolates (cheesy, I know!) would be more normal...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeee :))
    I'd be a bit creeped out if someone I hardly knew gave me an ipod touch... IMO if you hardly know her, a card or possibly something small like flowers or chocolates (cheesy, I know!) would be more normal...
    This is basically what I was going to say.

Thanks,guys. God knows what I'd do without TSR.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling for something romantic to do for Valentines day! With Xmas only just over with, I'm a bit strapped for cash so am going for more of a romantic gesture rather than pricey gift - help please!

Amy x

ReputationRep:
    Romantic gesture > Pricey gift in virtually any situation.

Cook him dinner or something. The way to any (normal) man's heart is through his stomach after all.

Hope (though doubt) ive helped

:-D

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm....maybe. Any recipe ideas?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.