Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend has a lot to do on valentines day as it's my birthday on the same day - he better impress!! I'll probably give him something special at the start of the day :yep: :o:

I couldnt help but notice this comment, I'd be worried if I was in your shoes:

(Original post by Zebrastripes)
    My boyfriend is going to be half way around the world. Trust his company to send him away for work on our first Valentine'd day.
    Lol - his "company" is making him go away for valentine's day?! It sounds like you'd better watch out there girl! I'd check he isn't cheating on you! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I am not gonna be much of a help, but just wanted to say that your post made me feel really good lol i'm in EXACTLY the same situation as you are and i am completely lost :woo: i have no idea what to give as a present, but i know that he is planning something really nice, which makes me feel kinda worse... and my problem is - even though we've been dating each other for 3 weeks, i'd known him for almost a year and i actually feel that a card and love bugs are not a solution... as for you, i thik the idea is quite nice... my friend also decorated her bf's room with balloons last year, and got some extra-sexy underwear for herself... but it's a matter of taste and depends on how close you are

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and I has been together for nearly 2 months. We were friends for 4 months before hand. We are not getting each other anything because we are both broke but we've decided to go out for a meal. The love bug chocolate sounds cute. Just keep to casual

ReputationRep:
    I am not in a relationship at the moment, but I agree, you don't want to go overboard when it hasnt been a long relationship yet.

have you guys slept together yet? You could get a nice take out and watch a movie together at home...then have some fun :-D

ReputationRep:
    I'm from the Isle of Man too!!!! WOOOOO manxies!

Anyway, as it's quite a new relationship, I think what you have planned is a good idea. Chances are he may have some plans of his own to surprise you with (no innuendo intended!), so just go with the flow.... maybe go out for a meal? Or just for fish and chips at Callows Yard! Haha.

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my man almost two years. we are doing nothing for valentines day bcause he's skint, and I'm refusing to pay out for us both to have a meal e.c.t. on principle, even if he does intend to pay me back.

Grrr.

I hope you all have better valentines days then mine turns out to be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Lol - his "company" is making him go away for valentine's day?! It sounds like you'd better watch out there girl! I'd check he isn't cheating on you! :eek3:
    Oh my, paranoid much?!

Which card do you guys think is best? I'm just going to get a humorous one and then write nice, cute, soppy soppy things inside it.. :P

http://www.moonpig.com/CardGallery/G...y/gallery.aspx

First page, centre

or

2nd page, middle left?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JellyBean123)
    I'm from the Isle of Man too!!!! WOOOOO manxies!
    Alright Yessir!
    (Original post by JellyBean123)
    fish and chips at Callows Yard! Haha.
    :sogood: I was thinking maybe get the bus to Port Erin and have a picnic on the beach? It's pretty down there and we've had good weather recently. If it's cold we can cuddle in a blanket or something :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Haha I trust him. :yep: Plus it's for the whole week, not just the day - I'd be peed off it it was just for that day!

ReputationRep:
    I got two roses todayyyyyyyy!

(a tad bit too early :eyeball:)

Hehe, your situation sounds a lot like mine. We've been together for three weeks.

However, since neither of us have much money, I am going to make him a card, and get him a notebook (and start filling it with things, like little drawings, stories etc...). I lightly hinted this to him and he sounds quite happy with the idea .. So maybe you could try something similar, such as, making a personalised present rather than buying something.

It will help you get closer, plus, you don't have to spend much / spend ages trundling through shops.

ReputationRep:
    Gf of 2 and bit months.

Im going to buy her a card and a some roses.

But also me and the boyfriend of her best friend have decided to get our respective girlfriends a voucher for a free day at a spa. (£50 each).

This way, they can go together.

But do you think this is too much?

ReputationRep:
    2 months, and for valentines. Waay to much IMO

Card and roses seem reasonable, but the £50 spa voucher is too much if you've been going out for two months imo.

ReputationRep:
    If she aint putting out on Valentine's night then you wasted your cash!

ReputationRep:
    2 months, and for valentines. Waay to much IMO
    no its not. i was out with my boyfriend for A YEAR and i asked him what he was gettin me and he went ''your not seriously into all that crap are you'' LOLL!

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: Too much, TOO MUCHH :afraid:

Though you're better off not listening to me...I hate valentines day :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    okay, i'll take out the roses, and just give her the card and the voucher?

ReputationRep:
    aww so sweet it's really generous, way more than she'd expect, but if it were me, I'd be really touched cuz you obviously put a lot of thought into it arranging that she could go with her friend. aww.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.