Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2010 Valentine's Day Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    So excited! I think the card I bought was a bit girly, oops, I hope he doesn't mind!

ReputationRep:
    It's really sweet that you'd do that but it does seem a little bit too much considering you've only been together just over two months :\

ReputationRep:
    might be a bit much

but it IS sweet but if you go all out now, what will you be able to get her when youve been together even longer?

me and my boyfriend have been together 6 months and we're just writing each other a letter saying how we feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voltex)
    Gf of 2 and bit months.

Im going to buy her a card and a some roses.

But also me and the boyfriend of her best friend have decided to get our respective girlfriends a voucher for a free day at a spa. (£50 each).

This way, they can go together.

But do you think this is too much?
    NOTHING is "too much" when it comes to Valentine's Day :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ive been going out with my girlfriend for over 2 years and I wouldn't spend nearly that much. Especially not on Valentines day. It is a hoonin pile of crap after all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOBO777)
    If she aint putting out on Valentine's night then you wasted your cash!
    If you have to entice your gf to have sex with you with Valentine's presents.... then.... :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    Not too much at all, she'll love it. She'll feel so special, especially about spending the day at a SPA with her friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voltex)
    okay, i'll take out the roses, and just give her the card and the voucher?
    Definitely not. Call me girly, but I'd actually rather have the roses than the voucher!

Also, you haven't been going out that long, she might find it a bit intense if you spend that much on her so soon.

ReputationRep:
    No i think its sweet
    she'll love it
    well, i would

ReputationRep:
    Dam. Its too much...WAY too much.
    The girls here are just being girls...dont listen to them.
    Its too much, give her some roses or something....the spa thing is really weird...because she wont be able to do it on valentines day...or with you?...so then whats the point?
    You've been dating for 2 months...dont set that precedent this early into it!

ReputationRep:
    roses and card are enough

ReputationRep:
    It's relative to how rich you are really. I know guys who'd regularly spend more, not because they're desperate, but just because they have money to throw around and it's normal in their social situation. But to me, and most of my friends that'd be far too much! Wait for christmas.

ReputationRep:
    last year by valentine's day i'd been going out with my boyfriend for 4 and a half months. and i've have felt awkward if he'd given me something that was £50+. to be honest if he did that NOW i'd feel awkward, i don't want him spending loads of money on me, on a random day of the year. it's not as important as birthdays/anniversary. he's picking me up from work, and buying pancake toppings. and that's enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ariadne)
    Definitely not. Call me girly, but I'd actually rather have the roses than the voucher!

Also, you haven't been going out that long, she might find it a bit intense if you spend that much on her so soon.
    Well I've sort of been roped into it by the boyfriend of her friend.

Bear in mind she won't know how much it cost.

Also we both 23 and in work so its not like we have little money at uni

ReputationRep:
    I think the voucher is a brilliant gift, not too much at all. If only my husband of almost 14 years was to get that for me, well I"d be very happy .

I'll be with my boyfriend, but we're not gonna do anything due to it being our two year anniversary on friday, so we're gonna go to the new aquarium in town tomorrow and he's gonna cook us a meal on friday night

ReputationRep:
    too much, she nah worth it if you've only been gwarnin out for two months

ReputationRep:
    Not at all really, we might watch a dvd together.

ReputationRep:
    Masturbating into a cup that has a picture of Megan fox a the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Dam. Its too much...WAY too much.
    The girls here are just being girls...dont listen to them.
    !
    correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt it be smarter to have a girls oppinion, seeing as its for a girl?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.