Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2010 Valentine's Day Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In the Peak District getting some Quality Mountain Days in for Mountain Leader.. I'm pushed for time with this!

A couple of pints of ale in the pub, then back home, do some work, and bed!

ReputationRep:
    Big tube of vaso, tissues and the best the internet has to offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyarian)
    last year by valentine's day i'd been going out with my boyfriend for 4 and a half months. and i've have felt awkward if he'd given me something that was £50+. to be honest if he did that NOW i'd feel awkward, i don't want him spending loads of money on me, on a random day of the year. it's not as important as birthdays/anniversary. he's picking me up from work, and buying pancake toppings. and that's enough
    This matches my feelings on gifts/v day exactly. OP its too much, save your money.

ReputationRep:
    Op i forgot to ask, do you know if she's getting you anything and also how much she is prepared to spend? Wouldn't you be a little miffed if you went through all this thought and spent so much to only find she got you a card and a box of chocs for a fiver?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin J)
    Big tube of vaso, tissues and the best the internet has to offer.
    :mmm:

Still lolling.....:P

ReputationRep:
    Going up north to stay at my bf's, no idea what we're actually doing yet though seeing as plans have been left to him and we haven't talked about it. Going for lunch or dinner would be nice though last year we went for dinner then to Revolution for cocktails with one of my flatmates and her bf.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what your relationship is like really. It's sweet

ReputationRep:
    Celebrate wtf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    She's still alive. What do you think the knocking in the cellar is? The other hoes are asking about that tbh.
    The hoes are daring to question now? :judge: We've got to keep those *****es on lock down! :whip2:

ReputationRep:
    Going out with the GBF

ReputationRep:
    Get her whatever you want as long as you genuinely don't expect anything in return - gifts should be given unconditionally!

My ex-boyfriend spent lots of money on jewelry and things for me for Christmas and got really angry when I only spent around half as much on things for him.

ReputationRep:
    With a bottle of Courvoisier.

ReputationRep:
    Alone most likely. Or getting HAMMERED with mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    The hoes are daring to question now? :judge: We've got to keep those *****es on lock down! :whip2:
    Aye, idk why you disposed of the cages tbh. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Anti-Valentine orgy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannonnlike)
    correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt it be smarter to have a girls oppinion, seeing as its for a girl?
    nope, us guys know the best :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend and I are going out for a meal

Ruth xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyarian)
    last year by valentine's day i'd been going out with my boyfriend for 4 and a half months. and i've have felt awkward if he'd given me something that was £50+. to be honest if he did that NOW i'd feel awkward, i don't want him spending loads of money on me, on a random day of the year. it's not as important as birthdays/anniversary. he's picking me up from work, and buying pancake toppings. and that's enough
    Me too! It's almost 2 and a half years since I first went out with my boyfriend - I'd still feel awkward if I knew a gift was £50+.

OP, the card and roses are a lovely gesture - If you really want to give her the spa vouchers on top of that, go for it, it is definitely a lovely thought. Just be aware that regardless how well off you are, she might not have that kind of money to spend on you and it could make her feel a bit awkward...

Ultimately, girls love getting gifts - Every relationship is different, as to how much the gift should be, that's unique to the couple, so if you think you can afford it and that she is worth it, go for it

ReputationRep:
    A bottle of Jack Daniels and a shot glass in my hand. That's how i'll be celebrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by char_lottie)
    Alright Yessir!
    :sogood: I was thinking maybe get the bus to Port Erin and have a picnic on the beach? It's pretty down there and we've had good weather recently. If it's cold we can cuddle in a blanket or something :hugs:

Aww that would be good. Or if it gets too windy (as it tends to) then you could go get a hot chocolate and waffles from Robertos! Those waffles are AMAZING. I used to work there... oh I miss the isle!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.