Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2010 Valentine's Day Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    A card which I gave him yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing lol. We agreed we wouldn't then he gave me a card >.< lol.

Tbf we haven't been going out long enough to really be able to say I love you or anything.
    We text each other saying Happy Valentine's Day so that will do

ReputationRep:
    a card with a dinosaur on and a stuffbox. He keeps all his filing in a cardboard box and can't ever find anything but refuses to get a file. The stuff box looks like a cardboard box but it's got a ring binder, a box and an organiser tray inside so today I'll sort out his filing.
    I was going to buy it for him anyway, I just thought I'd save it for valentines rather than get him nothing.

I know he's got me a card because he got it while we were in tesco but he seems to have forgotten about it and has gone off to work already.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, he's abroad so we're not doing Valentines. I emailed him a poem though (John Fuller's 'Valentine')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)

Tbf we haven't been going out long enough to really be able to say I love you or anything.
    Awww him giving you a card is sweet How long have you been going out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becomingbindy)
    Awww him giving you a card is sweet How long have you been going out?

Not too sure, we've been dating for a few weeks now though We've both sort of assumed we are together =]

He is sweet. He gave me a rose on the first date and pays for everything which makes me feel very guilty :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. We decided not to do the whole presents and cards thing as we both thought it was too cheesy and commercial.

We also had our lines crossed about the 'spending time together' thing which just caused a bit of chaos, though, and has resulted in the decision that next year we WILL be doing the whole Valentine's Day package - presents, cards, the lot.

ReputationRep:
    I havent got my boyfriend much just a card and a photo frame with a photo of me and him. But we didnt wanna buy each other much because its our anniversary in a week so we thought we would save it for then

ReputationRep:
    Nada, I honestly didn't feel the need.

Actually, on second thought, my gift to him was pretending that V day didn't exist. I also let him talk to me about Star Trek (and I actually listened!). I'm the bestest gf evereverever! :gah:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, we don't do Valentines,

ReputationRep:
    wheres wally card
    armani boxers and a computer game =]

ReputationRep:
    Reue is flying off for snowboarding in a few hours. Screw Valentines day.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. Our anniversary of the first time we met (Feb 24th) is more important to us so we'll maybe do something then, though we have both said "Happy Valentine's" to each other this morning.

ReputationRep:
    I got my boyfriend some Family Guy PJ's, a huge Queen poster and Thortons choccies. He bought me a lovely floral dress, a silver necklace and a giant Hello Kitty throw...

ReputationRep:
    probably sex :sexface:

Me and my boyfriend have been together over 3 years now, this is our 4th valentines day so we decided just a card will do, especially coz our aniversary is 5th dec, then theres christmas, then his birthday is the day before mine at the end of january, all our present ideas get used up on those

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. I've never been a fan of valentines day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)

ahh im the same, all the cards are like "for my bf i love you!" but weve only been seeing each other for about 3 weeks, so what do u write in a card
    im seeing him later and havnt actually got ANYTHING but i may get a card if i can find one that isnt to OTT. eeeeeeeeek :o:
    i kinda hope he doesnt get me anything then i wont feel bad :p:

ReputationRep:
    Left 4 Dead 2, for 360. He got his 360 at Christmas and has been slowly completing his games - felt I should add one more to the mix :P His birthday's not until April, mine's not until August, we met in October, so there's not really that much going on in the spring.

ReputationRep:
    Im cooking my boyfriend a meal with his favourite things; chicken, pasta, and cheese lol
    I bought him his favourite cake too xD

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.