Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    ahh im the same, all the cards are like "for my bf i love you!" but weve only been seeing each other for about 3 weeks, so what do u write in a card
    "happy valentines day" or "be my valentine" those types of things.

I'm having a valentines party at my place tonight and my boyfriend (who lives with me) isn't even coming. it's not really a romantic day for me, I just like drinking pink drinks and eating heart shape foods.

ReputationRep:
    We said no pressies, I got him a card.

He still got me a pressie. feeling guilty lol :sad: Should have seen that coming :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    "happy valentines day" or "be my valentine" those types of things.

I'm having a valentines party at my place tonight and my boyfriend (who lives with me) isn't even coming. it's not really a romantic day for me, I just like drinking pink drinks and eating heart shape foods.
    i'll eat :suith: shape food with you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    one of those cheesy retro "report cards" that grade you on things (this has themed categories like PDAs, saying i love you, holding hands, eye gazing etc)
    it's actually very constructive with regards to getting him to put more ffort in LOL
    oh and ive got him this cute mini note in a sort of travellers envelop and inside it says "I have a heart-on for you"
    i am then going to go to candy cakes today and get him a delicious masive valentines cupcake. then we are going to Sophie's Steakhouse in covent garden, and then round some cool museums then a bit of :hubba:
    i have no idea what he has got me. thing is, we always agree not to do anything or get anything, and then about a weel before, he goes "oh ive got you a little something" and then i panic like a freak and have to go get him something.

I would have been really happy with a valentines day text! Sadly though, so far no luck! haha!

ReputationRep:
    ahh im the same, all the cards are like "for my bf i love you!" but weve only been seeing each other for about 3 weeks, so what do u write in a card
    im seeing him later and havnt actually got ANYTHING but i may get a card if i can find one that isnt to OTT. eeeeeeeeek :o:
    i kinda hope he doesnt get me anything then i wont feel bad :p:
    Yeah I found finding a card really hard, we've been going out for ages so I wanted one that just said something simple like "Happy Valentine's Day" or "I love you" but all the cards were either really serious like poems of undying love, or stupid and jokey, or really cheesey and annoying. I went to about five card shops before I could find a simple, classic card!

ReputationRep:
    up for valentine's fun? :sexface:

im trying to decide between 'happy valentines xx' and 'thinking of you xx' for a guy that i met in a club and were planning to meet up... what do people reckon?

ReputationRep:
    Decided not to give any pressies this year.

I suppose we're giving each other our time to enjoy something nice, I think hes booked a table at a restaurant tonight though!
    He also went off in my car on thursday evening to do something and wouldnt tell me what - I'm well curious!

It is our 6th valentines so its got to the point that we are bored of all the pressies/cards, and prefer to do something nice together.

oh and the sexy time of course :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    im seeing him later and havnt actually got ANYTHING but i may get a card if i can find one that isnt to OTT. eeeeeeeeek :o:
    i kinda hope he doesnt get me anything then i wont feel bad :p:

I just sent him an e-card :p:

It's something...

ReputationRep:
    I got my bf a box of Thorntons chocolates and an itunes voucher (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJayx)
    Im cooking my boyfriend a meal with his favourite things; chicken, pasta, and cheese lol
    I bought him his favourite cake too xD
    Aww, so sweet. Your boyfriend is lucky to have you. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fourdigit)
    Aww, so sweet. Your boyfriend is lucky to have you. :yes:
    Aww, thank you :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Care-Free)
    well my bf isnt big on valentines, we both prefer birthdays and christmas for real presents
    so we both said we'd write eachother a letter about how we really feel and stuff, i also found some old doodles i did when i used to think of him and i draw better than i talk so im giving them to him too
    :rofl: what a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    A card. We both agreed we won't do anything, he actually moaned when I gave it to him.

I don't like Valentine's. I feel it's a cheap, commercial holiday.

ReputationRep:
    INB4 blowjob

ReputationRep:
    Nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meh.)
    I don't like Valentine's. I feel it's a cheap, commercial holiday.
    tbf so is christmas, at least the story of saint valentine is genuinely touching.

ReputationRep:
    Just be straight with her, at best she'll be really pleased cuz she likes you, at worst she'll be flattered.

Say something like 'Happy Valentines, fancy going for a drink?'

Or make a joke about being lonely and ask her to keep you company

ReputationRep:
    We're not together for it so I didn't get him anything big, but I sent him nice card (blue sky with a heart-shaped cloud on it - not soppy at all) with a chocolate heart in the envelope. He sent me a card.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.