Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2010 Valentine's Day Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    A card. I don't think he got me one though. TBH I'm not bothered - I know he loves me and I'd rather he didn't waste his money on stuff that I don't want or need. xx

ReputationRep:
    I just got a text message from an ex-boyfriend that said, "Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too, not in the cage but waving at you!"

I thought it was pretty funny actually. But obviously follow it up so she knows you don't mean it.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing. :p:

Both of us decided it wasn't really worth wasting any more of our money on gifts or cards, seeing as how we both spent a fair bit of cash on my birthday which was only a couple of weeks ago...

ReputationRep:
    Considering there are a bouquet of 12 roses, would it be best to give them to her at her house before we go out to the restaurant, as there may not be enough room in the restaurant to put them?

ReputationRep:
    House. I'd be mortified in a restaurant. And then they'd just take up loads of space dying under the table.

ReputationRep:
    Do it, everyone will laugh at you, it's gonna be fun.

House, she can pop them inside just before you leave.
    You can't hide a bouquet of 12 roses subtly either...

ReputationRep:
    House, spare the embarrassment.

ReputationRep:
    but her mum and maybe her gran will be in the house

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avéry)
    I just got a text message from an ex-boyfriend that said, "Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too, not in the cage but waving at you!"

I thought it was pretty funny actually. But obviously follow it up so she knows you don't mean it.
    Muhahahaha. That's pretty funny. :-P

I'd be pleased to get a text of someone (attractive). Though saying something along the lines of "fancy coming for drinks" etc might be better as it'll give her something to reply to properly? I'd be a bit ... "umm what do I say now?" if someone just say "happy valentines"

ReputationRep:
    I can honestly say that having a spectacle made of me in a public place ranks pretty highly on my list of worst nightmares. Go for the house, it's easier and more private.

ReputationRep:
    House unless you want to just waste your money on them dying before you get her home with them

ReputationRep:
    Made him a card, and some IOU "cheques" with things like 100 Kisses etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voltex)
    but her mum and maybe her gran will be in the house
    They would probably think it is sweet, earning you plus points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Initial it and see how it goes
    Thanks for the tip She knew instantly it was I who sent the card and sent me a thank you message in response

ReputationRep:
    this was like the best day ever cuz i spent it on tsr

ReputationRep:
    First Valentines with a proper Boyfriend, best day ever!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be cheesy but I've had an amazing day so far! Went to see Jersey Boys this afternoon then for a meal in Zizzi's and now come home and going to bed to eat choccie and watch films, love love

ReputationRep:
    Amazing day :love:

ReputationRep:
    Had such a lovely day my boyfriend bought me chocolates and then took me out for a really nice candle-lit meal it was so romantic!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.