Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2010 Valentine's Day Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    :console: that must be especially tough with it being valentine's day, i'm sorry.
    it's okay. but if you were really sorry you could make my valentine's day special :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I know it's still a few weeks away but oh well.

What you thinking of doing for your partner this Valentines day? (If you have one)

What have you done in the past that your boyfriend/girlfriend appreciated?

I'm wanting to do something really nice, is the best approach just to do the usual and get some flowers, surely you can't go wrong...

If you're single/lonely i apologize :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing; don't have one.

Nothing; didn't have a partner on valentines.

Not sure, i'm a loser.

Meh, it's okay, I don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    NO because i don't have a valentine, just YET.
    Nothing because last year i didnt have a valentine, just spent it with some mates.
    yh red rosez are the best!
    don't worry am not really bothered, got the full life ahead for this valentines day! =)
    (but sometimes it does get to me=(...x)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SteveWood)
    Apology accepted.
    If it were me (as if that'll ever happen!) I'd go out for a nice meal at a decent restaurant.

ReputationRep:
    I'm single but me and my bunch of other single friends will be having a girl's night out..

I'm not bothered at all. I don't need a man to keep me happy

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I know how much you love helping out other TSR users.
    Theres a girl iv been good friends with for a long time, an we had something for a little while several months ago... She moved away, so I was wondering if anyone could think of something romantic I could do to try and bring that something back... Like i said, she lives a long way away, and im not in any position to be travelling, so ideas for a long distance gift will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance internet buddies.

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to ignore it completely. I'm 90% sure that he won't have done anything for me, so if I do anything for him it'll just make him feel bad. So I think pretending it's a normal day is the best gift I can give him. I kind of wanted to get him a card but even that seems a bit schmaltzy and I don't think he'd appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scarletsmoke)
    Hey guys, I know how much you love helping out other TSR users.
    Theres a girl iv been good friends with for a long time, an we had something for a little while several months ago... She moved away, so I was wondering if anyone could think of something romantic I could do to try and bring that something back... Like i said, she lives a long way away, and im not in any position to be travelling, so ideas for a long distance gift will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance internet buddies.
    I got some chocolates for Christmas called affectionery where you can upload little photos behind each chocolate. It was so sweet that I'm getting my boyfriend some for Valentine's. The website is www.affectionery.co.uk and I think they send abroad although don't know how much it would cost to do that.

Jane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveWood)
    I know it's still a few weeks away but oh well.

What you thinking of doing for your partner this Valentines day? (If you have one)

What have you done in the past that your boyfriend/girlfriend appreciated?

I'm wanting to do something really nice, is the best approach just to do the usual and get some flowers, surely you can't go wrong...

...not sure. its all complicated because we're not technically "boyfriend/girlfriend" even though we've been together for over 4 months. i'm thinking of maybe getting him cologne and some sort of funny sex related thing like those random books they sell at urban outfitters to keep it lighthearted. i'm hoping he does something nice or me. for his own good.

i had this idea yesterday about how the greatest thing he could do would probably be just spend time with me during the day, a simple inexpensive dinner, and then get us a room at the hotel on campus for the night (since we both live in a dorm with roommates and very rarely get to spend time alone together). i'm trying to decide whether to bring up the idea or not. i kind of want to see if he comes up with anything haha

...i've never been with someone on valentines day before

...flowers and candy are like...safe, its thoughtful and she's not going to complain, but she's not going to run and tell her friends all about it either. its nothing special. try to think of something thats more specific to your relationship. maybe revisit somewhere you guys went together that was a great time, plan fun things to do all day and something romantic at night, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Nothing; don't have one.

Nothing; didn't have a partner on valentines.

Not sure, i'm a loser.

Meh, it's okay, I don't mind.

Aren't we all.

I'm going to be watching channel 55 with a box of tissues.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be celebrating my 18th :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I think just spending some time together is nice, I'm not a fan of the really conventional gifts really...

As nice as roses/choccies/teddy bears are lovely... it's nice to do something a little different I think - I love:

(Original post by Jane500)
    I got some chocolates for Christmas called affectionery where you can upload little photos behind each chocolate.
    that's such a cute idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendsfanatic88)
    I think just spending some time together is nice, I'm not a fan of the really conventional gifts really...

As nice as roses/choccies/teddy bears are lovely... it's nice to do something a little different I think - I love:

that's such a cute idea!
    TWILIGHT!! sorry, your sig is just awesome

I don't think I'll be seeing my fiance on Valentines Day. We're 2000 miles apart and neither of us can afford the flights to see each other then. *cries*

I love him so much, but I bloody hate the distance. Oh well, at least I'm only stuck in England during uni terms until May 2011!

ReputationRep:
    Juicy.

ReputationRep:
    Going skiing with my boyfriend
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Hmm we usually don't get each other presents - we go out for a meal or to the cinema or something instead.

But I dunno if we'll even do that this year. It's awkward with the kids.

ReputationRep:
    dunno what to do really we are at different unis so hard to do anything thrilling really, might suprise her by goin up early like thursday or wednesday because she will expect me saturday dunno though havent thought about it much

ReputationRep:
    i am going to Whitby for a long weekend away with my fiance for valentines

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.