Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2010 Valentine's Day Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Just spend it together! I never do anything big for valentines day...

ReputationRep:
    having a good shag

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lolas-kitchen.co.uk/image...main_image.jpg
    http://www.mysweetopia.com.au/GiftCu...%20cupcake.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJayx)
    As you probably all already know, its less than a month until the most romantic day of year... only, i have know idea what to do...

This will be the first Valentines my boyfriend and I will be spending together and i want to be special... but HOW?!

We are both penniless (so to speak) but want to do something that we wont forget...

I also need an idea of what to get for him... I'm useless at gift finding... Xmas was torture xD
    Any help would be great... thanks
    My first valentines with my boyfriend (last year), I had no idea what to get so I made him a little video about why I love him Cost me nothing and he really liked it

ReputationRep:
    Well he'll either come to see me at uni or I'll go up north to his, we're not completely sure yet.

His birthday's less than a week beforehand so I'm kinda thinking of just merging the presents this year, it's his 25th and I'm thinking of getting him a voucher to race a car, he loves Gallardo's (sp?) and I've seen those listed online so hopefully he'd like that. That's already at least £100 so I wouldn't be doing anything else major, probably call that his bday present then do some nice little things for valentines.

Last year we went for dinner at Zizzi's and then some cocktails at Revolution. Then bed :love: this year will probably be something similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlHickey)
    Isnt there more suicides at Valentines than the rest of the year or is that Christmas with Valentines second?

I will be single again, have never celebrated valentines as always been single apart from when I was like 10 got a valentines from this girl that ironically after she left school became a lesbian so I dont think it counts lol.

I get really upset over valentines because of my aspergers and get chavs and even regular people laugh at me and have been called a loser as no one single on valentines etc.
    The only valentine's day card i've ever received is from a boy who made it for me when we were like 10 (actually I'm pretty sure I got more than one from him, but yeah we were like 7-11) and 10 years on after leaving school he's now gay and has a boyfriend. :sigh: So I feel your pain :p:

I'm pretty sure my boyfriend will be working (the first year i'm actually in a relationship on Valentine's!) which means I might not even celebrate it this year. :p:

ReputationRep:
    i think im going to print off a nice photo of me and my bf and put it in a nice photo frame, cook us a candlelit meal with his favourite wine, and...write him a love letter as hes written ones for me but i havent written him one yet. it will be the first time im with someone at valentines, but we dont have much money and havent been together that long so i want to keep it simple but sweet

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been with my boyfriend long - only 2 weeks so far, so i'm kinda stuck on what to get him.

I don't think he would appreciate any soppy love letter kinda thing and anyway, we haven't been together long enough for anything like that.

I just have no clue. Any ideas?

I can't think what to get my boyfriend :beard: I've already got him two things, which I'm pretty sure he'd like but I want to get him something cute and valentines-ish.

I found this place that does really nice cupcakes and I thought about getting him some, rather than posh chocolates like usual. I've already spent about £30 and don't want to spend much more.

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    It's that time of year again, I've been with my girlfriend for a year and a half, Have a budget of around £85, What do girls want for valentines day this year?

ReputationRep:
    85 pound your not ballin

ReputationRep:
    Here is a tip.
    Never buy your girl friend anything of worth (i.e. necklace etc) because all that means is you have to outdo that gift next time otherwise she'll get pissy about you 'not caring as much'. So what you need to do is get/make/buy her something that has a 'deeper' meaning - something which has thought and not a price tag attached to it. That way you don't have to worry about spending all your money on her.

ReputationRep:
    Surprise butsex seemed to work for my girlfriend last year :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to know what girls (who aren't your girlfriend) want for Valentine's day? You realise that girls aren't a collective entity with one consciousness yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Why do you want to know what girls (who aren't your girlfriend) want for Valentine's day? You realise that girls aren't a collective entity with one consciousness yes?
    Yeah, Alright.... But girls have the similarities. I asked what they wanted, not why arent girls all the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubgish)
    Surprise butsex seemed to work for my girlfriend last year :awesome:
    She dont like butsex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranDJ)
    Yeah, Alright.... But girls have the similarities. I asked what they wanted, not why arent girls all the same.
    Cut a hole in a shoe box, stick your penis in and let her open it.

ReputationRep:
    The only sweet thing he likes is cheesecake, and I like to think I'm quite the cook, so I might make him one. And he'd better appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Here is a tip.
    Never buy your girl friend anything of worth (i.e. necklace etc) because all that means is you have to outdo that gift next time otherwise she'll get pissy about you 'not caring as much'. So what you need to do is get/make/buy her something that has a 'deeper' meaning - something which has thought and not a price tag attached to it. That way you don't have to worry about spending all your money on her.
    + Rep, Wise Man. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Cut a hole in a shoe box, stick your penis in and let her open it.
    :gah:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.