Turn on thread page Beta

Seeing sex on tv watch

I don't know why but everytime (which is rarely) I see people having sex on tv say in a movie just seeing 2 naked people together like that makes me automaticly cringe and think 'how weak, pathetic and vunerable they look'. Im a virgin so have never had sex but does anything else think this? The faces they pull and the way they move expecially the man I can't help but think how pathetic and vunerable they look. Its hard to imagine all the cool, calm, reserved men Ive fancied behaving like that. Are these abnormal thoughts or does everyome think this but just accept it?

ReputationRep:
    Lol how people act in sex is totally different to how people act in... real life.

I mean, just imagine your lecturers having sex, or your teachers, or even your parents.

ReputationRep:
    weak, pathetic and vulnerable? What have you been watching??

(Original post by Schleigg)
    weak, pathetic and vulnerable? What have you been watching??
    Just 2 naked people squirming around in bed lol Im sure its not that different to real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know why but everytime (which is rarely) I see people having sex on tv say in a movie just seeing 2 naked people together like that makes me automaticly cringe and think 'how weak, pathetic and vunerable they look'. Im a virgin
    lol was just waiting for this bit whilst I read..
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HollywoodSex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Lol how people act in sex is totally different to how people act in... real life.

I mean, just imagine your lecturers having sex, or your teachers, or even your parents.
    God please no! Don't start with dodgy images because once you do it's really hard to stop the invasive nature of those thoughts lol.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine your mom being dp'ed by two rugby players.

ReputationRep:
    I usually feel uncomfortable watching a sex scene if one of my parents is present.

ReputationRep:
    I used to think that way when I was about 16/17. Then I grew up and got over it.

ReputationRep:
    Ur not a modern age women are you?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a TV, I watch it all on my computer.

...oh wait, that's something else. :holmes:

Check out the suhaag raat vids on youtube. The males are definitely not vulnerable. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    No, I do not think this. It is generally considered to rather hot, not 'cringey'.

ReputationRep:
    I think the vulnerability that you experience in sex is part of the appeal. part of what makes it special and why (most people) prefer sex with people they love. Don't be put off it's awesome. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I get what you mean and from the outside yea its hard to imagine people you know and what they must behave like during sex coz it is completely different. But what you will realise when you have sex is that you both enter a different frame of mind so you don't notice think anything of it you just.. give in to each other. You do become more vulnerable and from the outside it must seem like its something to be embarrassed of, because you would not behave like that outside the bedroom. Its something you will understand when you have had sex, no one feels that way once they have.

ReputationRep:
    i think its rather sensual, sex isnt always this rough banging session, usualy it is but on the rare accasion it can be like how it is in the movies and personaly i prefer it like that, but sometimes you get so carried away you just wanna bite the persons ear off in passion and frustation, or maybe thats just me and my weirdo of a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    This made remember watching that episode of Skins when Tony bangs that black haired chick in season 2 and recovers from his accident. At the time I thought it was really vivid.

ReputationRep:
    just wait till u've had sex. that'll change ur opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    lol was just waiting for this bit whilst I read..
    I'm so Jealous you have seen Sasha play!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.