Turn on thread page Beta

Does everyone think rubbish weird things that can't be said? watch

Do you ever think little things that are so stupid that if you told other people they would see you as seriously weird? For example during a lecture all sorts of odd things go through my mind. I'l see a spot/wart on the lecturers face and imagine a grinder/nail filer filing it down, or will look at their ear and go on to think how weird ears are. Or if im doing an exam in the sports hall and start day dreaming I'l imagine climbing and swinging off the ropes and how id keep myself from people catching me if they were after me. I'l then just sit there and take in the weird noises that people make and think how odd it is that humans have created such a society, invented clothes and education etc and here we are all being moulded into something useful. These thoughts only last a few seconds and I think nothing of them but sometimes I get really anxious for no reason and my heart will be racing but I know its brought on myself.

Do other people think weird stuff like this the type of stuff you don't anyone? If so what do you think when daydreaming etc?

ReputationRep:
    Seek Medical advice you complete weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm in class my mind goes through all sorts of weird bullcrap, but that's just because I'm really bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you ever think little things that are so stupid that if you told other people they would see you as seriously weird? For example during a lecture all sorts of odd things go through my mind. I'l see a spot/wart on the lecturers face and imagine a grinder/nail filer filing it down, or will look at their ear and go on to think how weird ears are. Or if im doing an exam in the sports hall and start day dreaming I'l imagine climbing and swinging off the ropes and how id keep myself from people catching me if they were after me. I'l then just sit there and take in the weird noises that people make and think how odd it is that humans have created such a society, invented clothes and education etc and here we are all being moulded into something useful. These thoughts only last a few seconds and I think nothing of them but sometimes I get really anxious for no reason and my heart will be racing but I know its brought on myself.

Do other people think weird stuff like this the type of stuff you don't anyone? If so what do you think when daydreaming etc?
    these
    the first one was inspired by jackie Chan and DBZ :rolleyes:
    I dont now where the second came from :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, all the time.

I store them up and tell them to my partner.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm in airports I think about saying "I've got a bomb" and wondering what their reaction would be. I just hope that one day I don't say it by accident.

ReputationRep:
    I often stare at my teacher's bald head and imagine what it'd be like to actually polish it, and see how shiny it would get :o:

ReputationRep:
    Literally all the time! Its not weird...I hope!
    I always find myself saying my name, or a word, over and over again, and think its so weird how a bunch of letters and the sound they create make up the word. And why are some things called what they are called?
    hmmmm.

(Original post by Creepy)
    When I'm in airports I think about saying "I've got a bomb" and wondering what their reaction would be. I just hope that one day I don't say it by accident.
    Ive said it lol my friend dared me, don't think they heard though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel45)
    I always find myself saying my name, or a word, over and over again, and think its so weird how a bunch of letters and the sound they create make up the word. And why are some things called what they are called?
    hmmmm.
    mind = blown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel45)
    hmmmm.
    Haha I do exactly the same! I think it's just my mind going into overdrive because I'm so bored :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm one of my lecturers took off jacket and like there was a wet patch near the waist, I kept looking around and noone looked twice, I could'nt help but giggle. I'm so immature . But seriously it was a proper dark patch.

ReputationRep:
    I say it anyway. But then, that's probably why my entire year hates me.

That's how I roll.

ReputationRep:
    i think mine is the weirdest - sometimes if im in a public place i imagine what would happen/people's reactions would be if i suddenly just shouted obscenities/random weird stuff out of the blue..and i always think how easy it would be for me to just do that, but i don't.

ReputationRep:
    I'l then just sit there and take in the weird noises that people make and think how odd it is that humans have created such a society, invented clothes and education etc.
    Yeah I think this all the time

Yes, but mine aren't as pointless and boring as yours lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilwaynefan)
    mind = blown
    Yep, have to agree with you there. I think I think too much!

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I've ever had such distinct images as "...[a] wart on the lecturers face and imagine a grinder/nail filer filing it down..." but yeah, if I get really bored my mind can wander.

For example, getting the train home from Uni over xmas I was stood at a freezing Plymouth station waiting for a train with about 500 others contemplating society's reaction if I pushed all the people off the platform edge...or ripped the driver out the cab and took the train GTA style. Evil? Nah.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creepy)
    Haha I loled.

OP I get that all the time. I'm assuming it's normal. Or I'm hoping it is at least.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.