The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sometimes about how Humans have created society and stuff
I've had this one recurring one recently, usually when I'm sitting in class bored. I think about how humans are like ants, and that if someone was watching us then we'd look so small, but it's amazing the amount of power we have over the world. One tiny little man could destroy a country or rule a country. I don't know, it's just overwhelming for me!
Reply 22
When I was walking outside the houses of Parliament I thought about suddenly sprinting past the armed policeman through the gates, wondered if I'd get shot/make it into the papers

Also when I've been in a crowded area, and imagined if I just started stabbing people randomly, and wondering how far I'd get before I got stopped :redface:
Creepy
When I'm in airports I think about saying "I've got a bomb" and wondering what their reaction would be. I just hope that one day I don't say it by accident.

You wont need to say it... :wink:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn12458-can-a-government-remotely-detect-a-terrorists-thoughts.html
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2008/09/precrime-detector-is-showing-p.html

Just think it.
Reply 24
Hello, soulmate.
Reply 25
Idle, passing and peculiar thoughts are normal. They float harmlessly on out of your head. For example, you know that you never actually would try to file down the wart on the guy lol. Its when you get caught up on them- OMG! I better not go to class in case I try to pin down my lecturer and file off his wart!- and obsess over the very fact that you had such a weird thought that it isn't great, as far as I know. We are imaginative creatures, but we neither want to or have to act on every imagining :biggrin:

Odd daydreams are great :yes:
Reply 26
Yes. I imagine what would happen if I got up in a quiet lecture or meeting or something and started screaming and poking people in the eyes, or just randomly pulling someone's hair or something. I get so worried I'm going to do it that I sit on my hands sometimes. I also start figuring out how I'd survive if I got locked in a building, or if gunmen suddenly appeared in the doorway and started shooting everyone.

Apparently though, this is one of the brain's natural defence strategies - it plans out these actions in your head as a kind of pre-activation to a major incident, helping you be more prepared for something unexpected. I guess that's maybe why you get the fast heartbeat, etc, because your brain is pumping adrenaline around your body.

One bit of consolation is that people who think thoughts like this - like they're scared that they could hurt or kill someone - are the absolute least likely to actually go and do it.
All the weird things that I do I just assume others do the same. I think it's a safe assumption unless it's something truly strange and worrying, in which case you'd probably know it.

So there, you will probably never need to ask, "am I the only one who..?" ever again :h:
Creepy
When I'm in airports I think about saying "I've got a bomb" and wondering what their reaction would be. I just hope that one day I don't say it by accident.

:p: lol
Reply 29
Yeah, completely. Don't worry.
i think about lots of things.

i noticed that the thread number for this discussion is 23232369 (well, that's the number in the URL for a New Reply), something that gave me pleasurezzzz.

usually i just find myself thinking about what people say and amusing myself at the ambiguities in their discourse. many internal lolz, sometimes manifesting themselves in wierd looks on my face which garner wierd looks from the faces of others.
Reply 31
Yes we do OP, being alive is the weirdest and most wonderful thing in the world :smile:

For example, I always think that the caterpillars that the oompa loompas squish up actually look....yummy. They're not supposed to look like that!
Reply 32
Not since I was quite a young child but I do think of incredibly innapropriate jokey comments when someone says something most people would take seriously. Unfortunately I can't share them with anyone apart from my family because they are just too offensive.

Latest

Trending

Trending