Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Helllllpp!
    I can't find the information I need anywhere. Can someone help, I'm working on a powerpoint presentation for my group which has about 4 people in is so far and I need to make a slide for each of them.
    But for my section, I'm the Vulcanologist of the group but I can't find the number of Volcanoes on the Eurasian plate! So, not only does my grade in the class rest in my hands but 3 other people as well.

ReputationRep:
    You sir, are a retard.

ReputationRep:
    I'd try and help but I can't quite make out what you've written. I think you need bigger and brighter font.

ReputationRep:
    Jerk

ReputationRep:
    Haha I felt bad so maybe try this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_volcanoes

It lists volcanoes by country, both extinct and active. Find out which countries are mostly on the Eurasian plate and start counting?

ReputationRep:
    You know what... I don't think I've read a single source which has bothered to tally up the estimated number of volcanoes on the Eurasian plate. The numbers of known volcanoes increases each year as further geological surveys are carried out.

In fact your search terms are very vague. You looking for active ones, dormant, extinct? Truth be told, I don't think you're going to get a good figure.

ReputationRep:
    That writing hurts my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Put an estimate down. You can't really quantify that at a particular time because of various factors which i can't be bothered to go into now!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I may not have gotten exactly what I wanted, but atleast you guys kept me from searching for the answer for hours.

ReputationRep:
    hah, owned, who the hell would answer that? considering the amount of active volcanoes on iceland, then separating them onto the plate they occur, if they even count as its on the ridge etc. etc.

ReputationRep:
    how the **** cn you need help in A level geography, your a retard

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 15, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.