Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's not even a problem as such but i'll give you an example.

one of my flatmates was chatting to me on facebook and we've sort of been getting on lately because in the 1st term things were a bit awkward as we weren't so close. he's not a very hearty sort of person, if that's the right word. it's difficult to see the emotive side of him is what i mean, difficult to feel him as a person. anyways he goes to the kitchen to make a hot drink so he says on facebook. As he walks to the kitchen he gives my door one knock and walks on.

I dont know if this is just a knock to say 'alright' or if he wanted me to join him in the kitchen for a bit or something.

Why do I get so sensitive about these things? I let these things bother me for some reason when I guess it's not really normal or just not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, just don't think into things too much and just go by what you instinctively feel you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    By knocking on your door he has tried to insult you.

You must avenge this to maintain your honour. I suggest beating him to death with a lampshade.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say you're sensitive so much as curious.
    Something like that would definitely have bothered me, but then I probably would have just opened the door and asked him if he wanted anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ste_mc_efc)

You must avenge this to maintain your honour. I suggest beating him to death with a lampshade.
    I agree. He had no right to do something like that.

Make sure the lamp is on too, maybe record it too...and show us?

ReputationRep:
    Your over analysing i guess? I do it all the time and it's bloody annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Actually this guy is just going around knocking on doors willy nilly. Clearly a psychopath. You should stay away, even with a lampshade.

ReputationRep:
    that's the thing, nothing is 'bothering' me. I'm just concious abuot it for some reason and analyse if that meant he wanted me to come out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ste_mc_efc)

LMAO.

(rep)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.