Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, are you intimidated by girls like me? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

My question is, Are Guys intimidated by girls like me?

(Please don't think i'm arrogant or anything, i'm a fairly level headed person!)

I'm fairly popular and have a very good circle of friends. I'm not exactly unattractive, have a good figure, smile lots and come across to everyone as a very positive & fun person. Plus, I have quite a few guy friends and apparently a sense of humour! I'm extremely sporty, playing hockey, running, cycling and rowing. I'm on a uni sports commitee this year whilst also a coach for a particular novice team. I've run several half and full marathons and have plans to complete an Ironman triathlon after graduating. I also do a very much respected degree, which often impresses people.

The reason for this question I guess is, the fact that I attract guys which just want one thing! or they say I am too nice...

So, would you guys be intimidated by girls like me? Would you feel inadequate? I'm starting to think it might be a possibility!

Thanks in advance.

Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you were a scary monster, no.

ReputationRep:
    No, not at all, but the fact that you have to give me your entire CV is just so typical of TSR.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a fairly ordinary person. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah youre cool. And finally someone who gets into the fresh air and sunshine, rock on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentstudentstudent)
    I'm extremely sporty, playing hockey, running, cycling and rowing. I'm on a uni sports commitee this year whilst also a coach for a particular novice team. I've run several half and full marathons and have plans to complete an Ironman triathlon after graduating. I also do a very much respected degree, which often impresses people.
    At what point did you think running several marathons would intimidate a guy?

Random guy: So what do you do?
    You: Ohh, now you mention it, I've run several marathons and have plans to complete an Ironman triathlon.
    Random guy: -Walks off intimidated by your cardio skills-

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

(Please don't think i'm arrogant or anything, i'm a fairly level headed person!)

I'm fairly popular and have a very good circle of friends. I'm not exactly unattractive, have a good figure, smile lots and come across to everyone as a very positive & fun person. Plus, I have quite a few guy friends and apparently a sense of humour! I'm extremely sporty, playing hockey, running, cycling and rowing. I'm on a uni sports commitee this year whilst also a coach for a particular novice team. I've run several half and full marathons and have plans to complete an Ironman triathlon after graduating. I also do a very much respected degree, which often impresses people.

The reason for this question I guess is, the fact that I attract guys which just want one thing! or they say I am too nice...

So, would you guys be intimidated by girls like me? Would you feel inadequate? I'm starting to think it might be a possibility!

Thanks in advance.
    Some guys would be yes.

ReputationRep:
    nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James')

You: Ohh, now you mention it, I've run several marathons and have plans to complete an Ironman triathlon.

:rolleyes:
    Ahhh, you have quite a nasty sig. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't be intimidated. I prefer girly girls but that's just my personal preferance. You sound interesting though.

ReputationRep:
    What are you asking here exactly?

Do you want more guys to approach you in clubs? Or more guys to be your friend? Or smile at you or even stare at you?

Just WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ASKING??!! :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    What are you asking here exactly?

Do you want more guys to approach you in clubs? Or more guys to be your friend? Or smile at you or even stare at you?

Just WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ASKING??!! :nothing:
    Apparently the OP is attracting only one type of guy (the so called "bad boy" I presume) and so she believes that her extra curricular activities and demeanour may be intimidating all the right kind of guys. This is what I've gathered.

So are you intimidated, are ya, are ya?? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James')

http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif
    Ftr James, your sig is surprisingly disturbing http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ies/lolwut.gif

Yet erotic http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/sexface.gif

OP, if I were a guy, and I approached a girl saying 'hiya, what's your name?' and received all of that information in the space of about 10 minutes, I'd walk away because I'd think they were too full of themselves. As long as you take a bit of time to get to know someone before you give them your life story, you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Thanks in advance.
    You say you're not arrogant, but I can't help but find the long list of 'popular', 'good figure', 'quite a few guy friends', 'good sense of humour' to be a little self-indulgent. I don't think I know anyone with a particularly attractive/un-intimidating personality who would so readily claim such things and shout it to the world. But I'm quite naive so maybe that's just me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    I know It's got me many red-blobs today - I'll have to do a spoiler with all the neg rep I get from it, like that dude who has a mouse with a knife taped to it sig, he's my hero.

(Original post by Toffee_Kid)
    Ftr James, your sig is surprisingly disturbing http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ies/lolwut.gif

Yet erotic http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/sexface.gif
    Ohhhhhhhh yeah. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    well if u got it going well for u then theres nothing to worry about!

ReputationRep:
    Terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladipidoo)
    I know! :puke:

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

Thanks in advance.
    Noone intimidates me. Now **** off.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.