Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, are you intimidated by girls like me? watch

ReputationRep:
    Why would I be intimidated? You can't do anything to me, at least not until you unstick your head.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its intimidation i'd feel, more of a nonchalant expression of terms.
    I'm into glasses and curves, burlesque if you will, and a lot of men are it would also seem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentstudentstudent)

So, would you guys be intimidated by girls like me? Would you feel inadequate? I'm starting to think it might be a possibility!

Thanks in advance.
    Bring it on..

ReputationRep:
    :angel:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the OP sounds arrogant, she sounds nice, just being honest and matter-of-fact about this list of achievements to give us an idea of the person other people see when they look at her :dontknow: I didn't get the impression that she would go about smugly telling people how she's studying a well-respected degree or about her sports victories. I don't think she sounds up herself at all.

As to guys being intimidated, I don't know, perhaps some are if you are unconsciously coming across as unapproachable for some random reason, more likely you just haven't met the right person yet.

ReputationRep:
    Get back she-devil

ReputationRep:
    Nope but then I do most of those things myself haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee_Kid)
    Ftr James, your sig is surprisingly disturbing http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ies/lolwut.gif

Yet erotic http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/sexface.gif

OP, if I were a guy, and I approached a girl saying 'hiya, what's your name?' and received all of that information in the space of about 10 minutes, I'd walk away because I'd think they were too full of themselves. As long as you take a bit of time to get to know someone before you give them your life story, you should be fine
    your names shaniqua- and what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    your names shaniqua- and what?
    Huh???

**OoooooOoOoOoOoooh! But you don't know my name,
    (round & round & round we go, but will you ever knowwwww?)**

/dyingcatnoises =P

ReputationRep:
    no.

ReputationRep:
    I feel the opposite. I feel at ease, you probably aren't good enough that I'd go for you as a girlfriend to be honest.

Intimidated? No. Bored? Yes very. kthx bai

ReputationRep:
    Since uv ran several marathons that made me sh it scared of you.....I think a photo will make it easier to make a decisionsince ur claim of average to mildly attractive cud infact mean ur fugly to every other person

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

My question is, Are Guys intimidated by girls like me?

(Please don't think i'm arrogant or anything, i'm a fairly level headed person!)

I'm fairly popular and have a very good circle of friends. I'm not exactly unattractive, have a good figure, smile lots and come across to everyone as a very positive & fun person. Plus, I have quite a few guy friends and apparently a sense of humour! I'm extremely sporty, playing hockey, running, cycling and rowing. I'm on a uni sports commitee this year whilst also a coach for a particular novice team. I've run several half and full marathons and have plans to complete an Ironman triathlon after graduating. I also do a very much respected degree, which often impresses people.

The reason for this question I guess is, the fact that I attract guys which just want one thing! or they say I am too nice...

So, would you guys be intimidated by girls like me? Would you feel inadequate? I'm starting to think it might be a possibility!

Thanks in advance.
    The only thing I would say is that someone might be put off if you have a lot of guy mates, I think purely because they tend to feel more awkward around all those guys if you are already at ease with them kinda thing.

ReputationRep:
    err no, and to be frank i hate sporty women.

ReputationRep:
    If you chased after me for the length of a marathon then yes after the first 100 yards i would feel a little bit intimidated and it probably would not cease for the rest of the chase.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

My question is, Are Guys intimidated by girls like me?

(Please don't think i'm arrogant or anything, i'm a fairly level headed person!)

I'm fairly popular and have a very good circle of friends. I'm not exactly unattractive, have a good figure, smile lots and come across to everyone as a very positive & fun person. Plus, I have quite a few guy friends and apparently a sense of humour! I'm extremely sporty, playing hockey, running, cycling and rowing. I'm on a uni sports commitee this year whilst also a coach for a particular novice team. I've run several half and full marathons and have plans to complete an Ironman triathlon after graduating. I also do a very much respected degree, which often impresses people.

The reason for this question I guess is, the fact that I attract guys which just want one thing! or they say I am too nice...

Thanks in advance.
    how do you feel about people who don't excel like yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Pointless thread of someone boasting yawn

LOL Teenage girls are so scary to us mid 20's men. Golly how frightening.

No I don't think many guys would be intimidated by a girl with a lot to show for herself - it means she's interesting and makes her more attractive tbf. But I can see why you get a lot of guys after just sex because when you first meet someone you just want to have fun with them and find out about little bits about then gradually not have your cv stuffed down their throat within the first week! I mean I'm only presuming this is what you do because you say you only 'attract' guys like this and attraction is all about first impressions.

My advice to you would be to meet someone and ask about them and just give little snippets about yourself. Mystery is sexy as hell! Especially when it's a really interesting woman with a lot to show for herself because the guy will want to find out more about you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.