Turn on thread page Beta

Exercising all the time for no reason.. watch

what do you guys think of people who are always working out at the gym, jogging, at martial arts, the track but have never actually achieved anything and are not particularly good in anything. I work just at the weekend but live for exersise and practicing gymnastics on my own but people ask 'oh what are you training for' and I just say to keep fit the truth is I just like the sports environment want it as my lifestyle. People around me though have won this and that and I feel daft doing all this training but not entering competition or anything. Im not sure if most people in fitness are like me or if most have achieved anything :confused: Im female not sure if it makes a difference. Why do I feel so stupid?

ReputationRep:
    i dont think it's stupid to exercise, you dont have to enter competitions and stuff to make it worth your while. if you think about it, your achieving personal goals as it makes you happier and feel good about yourself which is just as important as achieving any kind of medal or trophy. if it makes you happy is that not the important thing here?

ReputationRep:
    I like to be fit...I used to play football but harldy at all these days

I just hated being skinny so always done weights

These days I prefer to do bodyweight exercises and some sprints but im getting lazy

Though I dont get fat and can eat whatever so i dont really need to ever do exercise at all BUT i have always done it and like to feel fit and stronger BUT na im getting real lazy these days especially as I got a decent physique naturally so I dont need to do it for looks nor any sporting competitive reason

ReputationRep:
    dont listen to others, when i was younger i used to be really into gymnastics but never entered comps

a lot of people work out because they enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    Working out is fun and seeing results is absolutely awesome. You don't have to enter competitions.
    Plus the people who do enter competitions have been training very hard for very long, you can't compare the average gym rat or someone who plays a team sport once a week to them.

ReputationRep:
    Working out allows me release all energy I've built up, what I've personally found is i'm alot cooler & calmer since working out alot

ReputationRep:
    I play guitar and make music as often as I can. I'm not great at it, I doubt I'll ever be famous for it either. Thing is, I enjoy it, and that's all that matters.

Most people would say it's a hobby.

ReputationRep:
    You become a Super Saiyajin when you've reached your limits anyways. It's well worth it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.