Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    it just crossed my mind today that medical interviews offer quite inaccurate judgement in expecting applicants to have knowledge about euthenasia, allocation of resources, withholding treatment and all those ethical issues when as medical students we get lectured about them in the second year!!

Just a thought....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malaz_197)
    it just crossed my mind today that medical interviews offer quite inaccurate judgement in expecting applicants to have knowledge about euthenasia, allocation of resources, withholding treatment and all those ethical issues when as medical students we get lectured about them in the second year!!

Just a thought....
    medschool Interivewers are not looking for the knowledge associated with such ethical cases.

I think it's more to do with how quick you are in thinking and ability to accurately convey one's thoughts coherently. Basically testing one's ability to communicate effectively when put in difficult situations.

ReputationRep:
    As above. I don't think they expect applicants to have detailed knowledge on the level that is thought in medical school. What they want to see is ability to present an argument and look at both sides. They are also probably interested in candidates attitudes. Knowledge is quite easy to teach but right attitudes are a bit more difficult to install.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more that ethical type questions are the most likely to bring out some passionate opinions, and they want to see how you can present your opinion, regardless of how uninformed it is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.