Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I do! Eng Oct 2014

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GenD)
    I do! Eng Oct 2014
    Aah this is so exciting! I was worried that because it's for mature students, I would be surrounded by fifty-somethings, but you're the second person I know of who'll be my age and reading English at Wolfson (someone else posted in the Winter Pool thread that they had an unconditional offer for next year as well, although I can't find their post for the life of me ).

So what are you planning to do for the next year?

ReputationRep:
    The likelihood is that it was me in the other thread

I'm so excited too. There is no escaping the fact that its 18 months until we actually go, but I'm trying to keep reminding myself, it is CAMBRIDGE, and it WILL be worth the wait!

I'm going to Wolfson on the 29th Jan to meet Michael Hrebeniak -so I can see the college and talk about stuff.

Umm, in Feb I am off to India for 2 months to volunteer at a school. After that I'm planning on doing a TEFL course so I can keep teaching/travelling around the world.

With such a long period of time, there is a danger of doing something non-engligh related, I'm going to make an active attempt to do something towards preparing for the degree every week - which will probably be tackling the reading list...

What are your plans?

We should try and stay in touch...

ReputationRep:
    I do not know whether it is a proper thread but it is Wolfson-related so... I got an offer from Wolfson and I am thinking about the costs. Despite the tuition fee how high are they? (maintenance + living etc) I must add that my plan is not to spend much THanks for any information! xx

ReputationRep:
    Well it IS rather quiet here, so...

HELLO PEOPLE! Come out and talk to me, I'm coming this October to do Engineering... anything interesting going on? Any tips for a future Wolfson guy? Stuff to do and stuff not to do? ^^

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys! I am thinking of applying to wolfson. Could you give some informations, how it is there like? I am 21, so I am worried that I would have a better time and fit in an undergraduate mainly college. I would be glad to hear an opinion even from someone what just went there for interview.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    So who has an offer for Wolfson this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gouratiltzen)
    I do! For English. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilby100)
    I do! For English. You?
    HSPS!

ReputationRep:
    HSPS!
    Yay! So exciting! Do you have any conditions you have to meet?

ReputationRep:
    Yay! So exciting! Do you have any conditions you have to meet?
    Unconditional

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for Music! Were any of you English offer holders auditioning on the 17th December? Well done everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I got a deferred entry offer for Engineering at Wolfson. Is there anyone who got the same? I want to see who is in the same boat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsmusician)
    I have an offer for Music! Were any of you English offer holders auditioning on the 17th December? Well done everyone!
    Congratulations! Yes, I was there on the 17th Dec (the only girl)!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Yes, I was there on the 17th Dec (the only girl)!
    Hello! Yes, I remember you! I was incredibly nervous as you could probably tell, which was why I was so uncommunicative haha! I wonder how the other two got on. It's nice to hear from you anyway, and congratulations! I expect there's a good chance we'll bump into each other again in October. Do you have any conditions you have to meet?

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Yes, I remember you! I was incredibly nervous as you could probably tell, which was why I was so uncommunicative haha! I wonder how the other two got on. It's nice to hear from you anyway, and congratulations! I expect there's a good chance we'll bump into each other again in October. Do you have any conditions you have to meet?
    Hi! Yes, it was quite a highly strung day wasn't it?! My conditions are to get full distinctions for my Access course, how about you? It's still hard to compute that we're going to Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Yes, it was quite a highly strung day wasn't it?! My conditions are to get full distinctions for my Access course, how about you? It's still hard to compute that we're going to Cambridge!
    I know, you should of seen me open my letter, I went completely crazy! I have to get A*AA for my A Levels. I also have an offer from Warwick for Maths, so I'm trying to weigh up the pros and cons of both.......Cambridge is winning haha!

ReputationRep:
    I know, you should of seen me open my letter, I went completely crazy! I have to get A*AA for my A Levels. I also have an offer from Warwick for Maths, so I'm trying to weigh up the pros and cons of both.......Cambridge is winning haha!
    Oh wow! Two very different options! So are you a 'mature' student then, are you doing A levels afresh?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow! Two very different options! So are you a 'mature' student then, are you doing A levels afresh?
    Yes, I'm a part time mature student at my local college. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hello people,
    I have an offer to study Engineering this October.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.