Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.aston.ac.uk/aston-busine.../2010/islamic/

cant say i'm surprised :mad:

how the hell can finance be islamic? this uni proper likes muslims...all the food places on site only serve halal food :mad:
    its crazy :eek3:

I thought this was England Not Pakistan....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desi112)

cant say i'm surprised :mad:

how the hell can finance be islamic? this uni proper likes muslims...all the food places on site only serve halal food :mad:

I thought this was England Not Pakistan....
    Why can finance not be Islamic? If people have a problem with eating Halal food, then they should say. If nobody at the uni cares, then I don't see why you should. Also, it's not like the government had to pay for it, it was payed for by somebody else.

ReputationRep:
    well they have received a very substancial donation so I don't see the problem with it. The more facilities the uni has the better.

ReputationRep:
    Shut the **** up and deal with it then.

ReputationRep:
    There is a form of Islamic banking if you didn't know, so finance can be islamic the approach is much different. Considering the middle-east boom with places like Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Qatar rising as financial hubs, islamic finance is more in demand now.

ReputationRep:
    so lets implement christian finance then? sikh finance? hindu finance? jewish finance?
    I think its stupid. Jus watch in a few years it will be known as Aston Islamic University.

Also let us discuss islamic finance.

habib bank- islamic bank yeah. In Islam its wrong to charge interest. So you borrow money from this bank they dont charge you interest they charge you a 'borrowing fee'. How is a 'borrowing fee' not INTEREST??!

ReputationRep:
    In Islam its wrong to charge interest. So you borrow money from this bank they dont charge you interest they charge you a 'borrowing fee'. How is a 'borrowing fee' not INTEREST??!
    Precisely. The whole thing is a scam, it's just a matter of using different labels for the same concepts.

ReputationRep:
    Just another low life looking to join the anti-muslim bandwagon. Stop moaning and ******* deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Aston will be known as that tbh, look how multicultural Birmingham is.

ReputationRep:
    I REALLY wanted to do Islamic Finance at university, but couldn't find an undergraduate.

Instead, I think I'll take it as a master's, hopefully at Oxford or Durham.

ReputationRep:

this uni proper likes muslims...all the food places on site only serve halal food :mad:
    So what? you dont like it, you can **** off.

ReputationRep:
    ******* Muslims. Stealing our unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    ******* Muslims. Stealing our unis.
    "Your" uni's are catering for the muslims! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Quite a pathetic thread; ffs.

ReputationRep:
    tbh you sound like a douche. Either put or shut up, that's what I say to you!

ReputationRep:
    so lets implement christian finance then? sikh finance? hindu finance? jewish finance?
    I think its stupid. Jus watch in a few years it will be known as Aston Islamic University.

Also let us discuss islamic finance.

habib bank- islamic bank yeah. In Islam its wrong to charge interest. So you borrow money from this bank they dont charge you interest they charge you a 'borrowing fee'. How is a 'borrowing fee' not INTEREST??!
    Beacuse its fixed, in a economically downturn banks can not suddenly charge me high intrestest on my mortage. Why do you think Saudi arabia is 'recession proof':

(This is just an example, no disrespect intended)

(Instert name of country)+recession on google

United Kingdom:
    First results:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7846266.stm

Saudi arabia
    First result:http://www.ameinfo.com/176921.html

ReputationRep:
    The Centre has been developed as a result of a £1.5 million grant from Dubai-based business Surgi-Tech and aims to establish Birmingham as the centre for Islamic finance in the UK. The largest financial gift on record for the University, it will be used to develop qualifications and advance research in the Islamic finance field.
    Says it all.

ReputationRep:
    if islamic finance is good why is dubai collapsing financially?

ReputationRep:
    if islamic finance is good why is dubai collapsing financially?
    If any other type of finance is good, why is/was the world under recession? :p:

ReputationRep:
    desi112, why does it matter? People have to pay good money to go to university. I know the lecturer who runs that course, she taught me managerial accounting last year. She is a great lecturer. She has every right to teach this subject.

Besides, there has been many courses relating to Islamic origins, before this course. So get your ******* arse off the daily mail bandwagon and get over yourself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.