Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    this mus be add to the end of the 1st step of my activity 3 post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (i.e.the validations same as contract date
    that is select the data type as date/time and select the format as short date)

ReputationRep:
    Still don't understand activity 3 after reading all these posts, anyone explain the whole process please?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, How do I do activity 1 - input process and output?

ReputationRep:
    Activity 3: why are people inserting expiry dates, you dont need to do this do you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisisnotafakeaccount)
    I started my exam on Thursday 14th January and I did the processes, inputs and outputs of the database for activity 1, although I was expecting a functional spec and revising that the night before. I was flicking through the rest of the paper and I was confused at what actually needs to be done in activty 3, 4 was testing this seems quite simple and noone at school (even people with ICT degrees xD) is sure what to do in activity 5. How did everyone else find this paper? Good luck to all, If anyone else requires a little bit of help I'll try my best.:facepalm:

Hey Thisisnotafakeaccount, Any queries in Activity 2 Like A Query Make Table or Query Rejected Table?

ReputationRep:
    On activity 3 i have done everything except the 6 mark thing. What is it i totally forgot ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathxcs)
    Could you help me out with the problems I posted a few posts up please? I've done 5/10 of the hours so far. Also I don't get how you make your database report low stock levels automatically and stuff like that.
    Activity3 Part 2
    first
    U have to create a form using wizard and select the Phone stock details
    the fields are
    PhoneID
    Stock_Level
    Reorder_level
    use the layout as tabular view, once u finish the wizard goto design view and right-click on the Stock level and goto conditional formatting
    i have linked the steps below read carefully>>>>>>>>>
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/4...lformating.jpg
    then in the form view change the stock level below the reorder level and check whether its working
    then u have to update the stock after receiving the stock amount
    u have to create an update query for that u have to select the phone table and do as shown in the following image
    http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5306/updatequery.jpg
    finally u have to create a button in the form that u have made and link this querry to the forn and rename it as update stock

ReputationRep:
    Hey Farzidh is there any queries to be run in activity 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathanyeongwingkheong)
    Hey Farzidh is there any queries to be run in activity 2?
    ya i used append queries to append the data for tables that have created from RAW tables (the table which contents the data directly from the data text files.

ReputationRep:
    What about make table queries? Cant i do this?:

Export data (text files) into the database

Then create:
    Raw Tables:

rawCustomer -insert validation
    rawContracts - insert validation
    rawPhone - insert validation

Make Table Query
    into:
    Customer
    Contract
    Phone.

What do u think?

ReputationRep:
    Farzidh, How many Tables did u use? 3 or 4?

ReputationRep:
    i have done the first day of my ict exam and done act 1, 2 and near the end of activity 3, i was wondering if anyone had a clue what i have to do with macros and the forms for activity 3?

ReputationRep:
    to watford person, you have to create a number of queries and link them to the form. for example, what is your surname? you will have to create a query asking the customers surname. you will have to create different types of querys such as, update query, make - table query, etc etc. hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    I will give ANYONE £100 via PayPal, IF they can help me out.

PM me if you can

Regards

ReputationRep:
    anyone got anything on activity one?

Also, activity two, what relates to what? lol

ReputationRep:
    how do i create macro with the form?

ReputationRep:
    well, watfordbwoi, you have to create a macro first, which is in the selection with like the tables, queries etc.
    And you choose the open form option, click which one, then just put it in to practice...

Helped someone, someone help me?

ReputationRep:
    so you have to create micro then choose form and then create command button and when you go on form view, click the button and it should run the micro?

ReputationRep:
    macro, create it, and then find amongst the command button commands, i think it maybe in misc.

ReputationRep:
    This exam is pissing me off my teachers are rubbish, not helping at all. Wasn't taught any of this stuff.

I am on activity 3, haven't used ANY macros or queries at all so far. For the create new customer & set contract up, I just done a form with a subform for the contract and that was it.

Now it says use the system to report when stock is one month from expiring. How the hell am I supposed to do this, I read through all the help in here, and I still don't have a clue.

The third part of activity 3 (show how to set up a new customer with the form) seems simple enough. Activity 4 seems alright as well. God knows what I will do when it comes to activity 5, I had a quick glance at it and felt like shooting myself

Also activity 1... what the hell was that about I hoped I was rambling on about the right stuff

I think I might just give up I've failed anyway

Can anyone help me... where exactly should I use queries and macros? In simple terms?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 24, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.