Turn on thread page Beta

GCE Edexcel Applied ICT Unit 7 Using Database Software January 2010 watch

ReputationRep:
    Well here's to the next 2 1/2 hours sitting there clueless in front of a database

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'll just work setting up an interface with all forms for all tables.... and try and get an E, and practice for the Summer Re-take....

ReputationRep:
    i am just wondering for activity 3 has anyone got an idea how to run a macro in a form?

step by step guide would be helpful?

ReputationRep:
    This exam is actually easier than previous years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake2000)
    This exam is pissing me off my teachers are rubbish, not helping at all. Wasn't taught any of this stuff.

I am on activity 3, haven't used ANY macros or queries at all so far. For the create new customer & set contract up, I just done a form with a subform for the contract and that was it.

Now it says use the system to report when stock is one month from expiring. How the hell am I supposed to do this, I read through all the help in here, and I still don't have a clue.

The third part of activity 3 (show how to set up a new customer with the form) seems simple enough. Activity 4 seems alright as well. God knows what I will do when it comes to activity 5, I had a quick glance at it and felt like shooting myself

Also activity 1... what the hell was that about I hoped I was rambling on about the right stuff

I think I might just give up I've failed anyway

Can anyone help me... where exactly should I use queries and macros? In simple terms?

What is needed for Activity3

ReputationRep:
    Hey anyone know Activity 1? as well as 3 regarding the stock control?

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 hours left tomorrow and that's it for me

This week has been such a drag doing 2 hours of exams every day for a week. I'm just glad it wasn't like 5 hours in a row or something that must be horrible

Hopefully I will get activity 5 done tomorrow. Then no more exams til june.

ReputationRep:
    i had 6 hrs str8 2day. i have 4 hrs tomoro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake2000)
    Thanks so much for this.

I'm slightly confused about people saying you have to show when a contract is one month from expiring.

It doesn't say anywhere in any of the activities that you have to do this :confused:

Activity 3 just says show how you update/warn of low stock levels.

Also if anyone has any tips for activity 5, that would be a great help. Like how to sort the data, and how to get the totals.
    in the senario itself they have asked abt expiry thing that why i did itmy friend

ReputationRep:
    What exactly do they ask you to do for activity 5? I don't understand the question. All I know is that you need to create a report on sales.

ReputationRep:
    Bit confused about something.

You know how the specific packages hold specific minutes and texts. Is there a way to group it so that when creating the form, the data auto matches up? Or else do i just leave them alone even though customers could for example put the wrong minutes with the wrong package...

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got the datafiles?

ReputationRep:
    What is the error with a postcode please? And I know one of the telephone numbers in incorrect but I'm not sure how to stop it entering the database, is there a validation rule or input mask that anyone has used?

Also, on Activity 4 when it comes to the testing and the woman wanting to purchase a Blackberry phone, do we need to show that the company does not sell that phone so it is not an option or do we need to add it to our database?

ReputationRep:
    farzidh, or CB19091.
    Where abouts are these errors? And what exactly is wrong with them?

ReputationRep:
    welll yep farz...dats it...
    wel kemzow...its asctually dffclt to figure out de exact record out of 253....so jst make sure u hav done ur validations nd de relationships properly and den append ur data to de respective tables...u'll get it ryt!!

ReputationRep:
    CB19091.
    I don't have any validation on my tellno, should I have one? One would I put on? an input mask?

ReputationRep:
    of course u shud....
    validation = like "###########"
    input mask = 00000000000

btw call me CB....

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks CB.

and you know what itfcjames mentioned earlier about Activity 4. The women wants Blackberry phone, but its not in the database. How do you deal with it?

ReputationRep:
    anyone done activity 5?... I need some help for the query i need to do for the reports..

ReputationRep:
    Well ya...the phone type is controlled by a combo box..nd allows the user to select only within the provided list....therefore the user will not be able to select Blackberry....the error message shud be shown when the user tries to enter the blackberry...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 24, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.