Turn on thread page Beta

GCE Edexcel Applied ICT Unit 7 Using Database Software January 2010 watch

ReputationRep:
    Can I just remind you about the levels of discussion here, we will be removing posts providing too much information.

Also text speak, please use proper english

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farzidh)
    First create a query using the design view then select the contract table
    in the field type this "MonthsGone: DateDiff("m"[ContractDate],Date())"
    Then in the new field "Months Left:12-[MonthsGone]" , in the new field type "info:Iif([MonthsLeft]="1","Contract Expires in one month"
    Then double click the Contract ID
    there u r

Could you please tell me what to do for Acitvity 1 in the table format.
    [Please don't post email addresses on the forum]. Please help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You
    Arbid Butt

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

So I have my last session tomorrow for this exam, and I don't have a clue how to go for Activity 5.

I've been looking at everyone's responses about the exam, and it looks like I've been complicating things, I have 6 tables, not 3 or 4 like everyone else has suggested.

But we had a revision class last week after the exam session, and our teacher was throwing a whole load of crosstab queries down our throats as her way of making a report out of everything, but then she couldn't get it to separate into the different durations because of this. I've been working on it at home with some practice data I made, and I'm sort of close working with just a normal query, and then sorting the report by duration, and then date by month, and then =Count(*)'s on the report to get totals, am I heading in the right direction, or is there some straightforward way to do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordJuba)
    Hey,

So I have my last session tomorrow for this exam, and I don't have a clue how to go for Activity 5.

I've been looking at everyone's responses about the exam, and it looks like I've been complicating things, I have 6 tables, not 3 or 4 like everyone else has suggested.

But we had a revision class last week after the exam session, and our teacher was throwing a whole load of crosstab queries down our throats as her way of making a report out of everything, but then she couldn't get it to separate into the different durations because of this. I've been working on it at home with some practice data I made, and I'm sort of close working with just a normal query, and then sorting the report by duration, and then date by month, and then =Count(*)'s on the report to get totals, am I heading in the right direction, or is there some straightforward way to do it?
    That's basically what I done.

Ensure you only use the 2009 data, (maybe by doing a query). Use grouping levels Duration and Contract Date by Month.

And then just simply use the totals button where they want things totalled up, and also use Force New Page because they want 12, 18 & 24 not on the same page.

ReputationRep:
    what query do you use to only show the 2009 data for the report activity?

ReputationRep:
    I just used the help button on access in the exam:

Contain values that fall within a date range >#2/2/2006# and <#2/4/2006#

Returns records where the transactions took place between Feb 2, 2006 and Feb 4, 2006.

You can also use the Between operator to filter for a range of values, including the end points. For example, Between #2/2/2006# and #2/4/2006# is the same as >=#2/2/2006# and <=#2/4/2006# .

ReputationRep:
    thx Jake I'll try that.

ReputationRep:
    EDITED: Found out how to don't worry

ReputationRep:
    wa validation can u do

ReputationRep:
    Could someone clearly show me exactly how to do activity 5 , im really stuck ! my teacher hasnt taught us a thing...

ReputationRep:
    Im totally with crease...your help would be much appreciated guys =]

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea on what activity 3 includes. can someone please help me out with that. i start my exam tomoro like do we need to add macro and how do we create macro??? help please oh yh and queries, when is that needed and how do you calculate the contracts within one month of expiring and calculate stock levels? serious need of help please. will be much appreciated thanks

ReputationRep:
    If anyone need help on Activity 1
    follow the link
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/25834659/Written-Notes

ReputationRep:
    could anyone tell what what validation rules, input masks and so on need to be used in the database and where about does it need to be used please

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a clue where to start on Activity 5? Could use help please. I understand the question and what it asks, its just actually making the report.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farzidh)
    If anyone need help on Activity 1
    follow the link
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/25834659/Written-Notes
    Cheers farzidh...do you know much about activity 5 don't really understand it??

ReputationRep:
    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Does duration go in conract table or package table =S ??

ReputationRep:
    anyone know anything about what to actually do for acivity 5?
    would be much appreciated!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 24, 2012

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.