Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Cardigans are good But not that one, it's horrible. Check out Topman or H&M.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Max Hinks)
    Cardigans are good But not that one, it's horrible. Check out Topman or H&M.
    I really hate those shops.

Anyway I'm pretty much decided on a jumper now:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I really hate those shops.

Anyway I'm pretty much decided on a jumper now:yes:
    Jumper is cool I wore a shirt and jumper to my UCL interview, and that was fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Max Hinks)
    Jumper is cool I wore a shirt and jumper to my UCL interview, and that was fine
    I wore pyjamas for my UCL interview.

ReputationRep:
    I still think you'll be better off with a suit. Yes employees in the office wear smart-casual (many places have fully casual on certain days of the week) but I bet you they all wore suits during their interviews and also if they have direct customer facing jobs.

If the dress code was 'smart casual' for your interview then you might be able to get away with it (though I'd still go for a suit to be safe). Since yours is 'business dress' it would be pretty dumb not to go with a suit.

EDIT: also this is IBM who are a very business company looking for professionalism not simply a university interview or a high street job

ReputationRep:
    The cardigan in grey is sound. I'm not a fan of the jumper.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, the first grey cardigan is the pick of the two you put up. You could wear both in casual and smart/casual contexts but the first one looks more current and stylish, if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    The cardigan in grey is sound. I'm not a fan of the jumper.
    I agree. The jumper is something I'd consider wearing post-30th birthday.

ReputationRep:
    THe grey cardigan's chest pockets look stupid. The kind of thing that's fashionable for 2 seconds then just looks ridiculous. The jumper is alright, pretty standard cut so stands the test of time, but not in that "I've given up on life" brown.

ReputationRep:
    Well I have ended up buying three jumpers (the brown/khaki jumper in the first post, and two of the Vnecks I posted in blue and dark grey), and will return the ones I don't like.

Thanks for the replies guys!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.