Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Girlfriend and i had a rough 3 months
Last edited by jibba128; 8 years ago
Playboy King
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If you don't show much enthusiasm it's only inevitable the girl will lose the interest and feelings for you.

If it's getting quiet and she's just looking around then it means you're relationship is boring, or it is for her anyway. Seems to me you're not putting in much effort, or not as much as she expects at least. What's the point of being in a relationship if you're not going to do anything? are you just staying in the relationship for the sake of staying in a relationship?
jibba128
Rep:
?
(Original post by Playboy King)
If you don't show much enthusiasm it's only inevitable the girl will lose the interest and feelings for you.

If it's getting quiet and she's just looking around then it means you're relationship is boring, or it is for her anyway. Seems to me you're not putting in much effort, or not as much as she expects at least. What's the point of being in a relationship if you're not going to do anything? are you just staying in the relationship for the sake of staying in a relationship?
i find it hard to talk about something new every 2 minutes though, we see each other every day of the week so theres bound to be quiet spells surely? i cant exactly play fight or anything i might do outside of the pub/restaurant
Jonah Ramone
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
You're not going to have something to talk about EVERY SINGLE SECOND you are together. Whilst she may be slightly bored at the time of looking around that doesn't mean she's bored in the relationship. I completely see how you feel it's hard to constantly keep the same level of interest in someone who spends their whole time moaning/stressing to you over the same thing, but the fact you've told her this now means that you should be able to move past this. You've already said she's acting differently with you now, and it doesn't exactly sound like she wants out. Just be sure to try to ask her questions or suggest doing something else when conversation lulls, even a pointless comment/question can lead to a conversation about something maybe you've not spoken about before.
Gez1990
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Personally I think you're reading into it too much, it speaks volumes to me that she's willing to kiss you from time to time - nobody does that just for the sake of it. Silences are inevitable, it doesn't mean that she's bored - neither does looking around necessarily. Consider the alternative, I bet you'd be a little freaked out if she was looking at you all the time.
People DO get bored, it's human nature. But that's not to say that you are the cause of the boredom.
Stop reading into everything she does - it WILL drive you crazy. Just enjoy your relationship and bear in mind that SOMETHING has made her stay with you.
jibba128
Rep:
?
(Original post by JR)
You're not going to have something to talk about EVERY SINGLE SECOND you are together. Whilst she may be slightly bored at the time of looking around that doesn't mean she's bored in the relationship. I completely see how you feel it's hard to constantly keep the same level of interest in someone who spends their whole time moaning/stressing to you over the same thing, but the fact you've told her this now means that you should be able to move past this. You've already said she's acting differently with you now, and it doesn't exactly sound like she wants out. Just be sure to try to ask her questions or suggest doing something else when conversation lulls, even a pointless comment/question can lead to a conversation about something maybe you've not spoken about before.
yeh i was thinking that, its mainly when we go to a pub or for a meal, after 2 hours or something the convo just sort of dies, but then we will go somewhere else and it picks back up again, and yeh since ive told her about it she has been a lot lot nicer to me, not stress at all for a week now and i feel better for it
jibba128
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gez1990)
Personally I think you're reading into it too much, it speaks volumes to me that she's willing to kiss you from time to time - nobody does that just for the sake of it. Silences are inevitable, it doesn't mean that she's bored - neither does looking around necessarily. Consider the alternative, I bet you'd be a little freaked out if she was looking at you all the time.
People DO get bored, it's human nature. But that's not to say that you are the cause of the boredom.
Stop reading into everything she does - it WILL drive you crazy. Just enjoy your relationship and bear in mind that SOMETHING has made her stay with you.
i think i am overreacting a bit, like sometimes when we talk she looks around while she is talking, like not at me, then other times she will look at me

ive mentioned the way she looks about as a joke before and she said she always does it its the way she is etc
ThisModernLove
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm a girl and I do this regardless of who I'm with! I can be with my mum who I'm really comfortable with obviously but I look around, even if there's nothing to look at. I guess it's just curiosity or something like that?

What's more important is whether the conversation is comfortable - if you're making small talk with long, awkward silences where she looks around then that's bad but you didn't mention that so I don't think it's a problem?

Maybe do things to make her look at you!? Something cheesy like leaning over and touching her face/hair or something and that might, as a result, stimulate more conversation or something?
jibba128
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThisModernLove)
I'm a girl and I do this regardless of who I'm with! I can be with my mum who I'm really comfortable with obviously but I look around, even if there's nothing to look at. I guess it's just curiosity or something like that?

What's more important is whether the conversation is comfortable - if you're making small talk with long, awkward silences where she looks around then that's bad but you didn't mention that so I don't think it's a problem?

Maybe do things to make her look at you!? Something cheesy like leaning over and touching her face/hair or something and that might, as a result, stimulate more conversation or something?
the conversation doesent feel forced or anything tbh, maybe once in a blue moon ill feel like im trying to force a conversation but not normally
jibba128
Rep:
?
another thing
Last edited by jibba128; 8 years ago
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (589)
91.18%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (57)
8.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise