The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Diaz89
Right so the 2 million Muslims with their 85 sharia courts will force the rest of the 58 million non Muslims into an Islamic state :rolleyes:

no, a chaotic state. it goes without saying that those numbers will drastically change in the next decade, as well.
Reply 61
caroline147
I think it's excellent that people have the freedom to be tried under their religious law, if they want to be. I actually can't comprehend why anyone else should have a problem with it.

tell that to the women who lose their faces by way of acid
Reply 62
Yuppie20
no, a chaotic state. it goes without saying that those numbers will drastically change in the next decade, as well.

Can you explain why the numbers will change drastically and in which direction?
Diaz89
Again, the whole premise of your argument is fallacious and incredibly superficial. It's extremely boring and tiresome to enlighten you otherwise and to be frank it won't make an iota of difference. So again, wallow wallow wallow.

Put up or shut up.
Reply 64
lol does anyone else think its going to be used just because its free. **** paying a lawyer I might use one too.
Reply 66
Indicative of our government and inability to successfully govern anything. Why do they let these courts continue? Regardless of religious beliefs or personal preference, tribunals or courts should follow the law of the land, not their own laws because they dont happen to like the ones already in place!
Reply 67
Bobifier
Can you explain why the numbers will change drastically and in which direction?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5621482.ece
Reply 68
Why are people against Sharia Courts in the UK? YOU don't have to go to them, they are a choice! I thought we lived in a civilised Western Democracy? And the majority of posts about the justice system here (including my own) are pretty critical, and I'm sure that many Muslims in the UK would prefer their matters to be put through a Sharia Court.

Not to mention the OP is a blatant troll, setting up an account to see if people will have a good ol' cry.

********! i myself being a muslim call it ******** (i haven't clicked at the links, just responding to the comments) if you so wanna have it done the shariah way which obviously nowadays isnt true as it was supposed to be then GTFO go to middle.east or better some tribal area among the hills of pakistan (hopefully get vaporized by a drone attack) , any gulf country.btw. lol i have seen so called shariah rulings <_< .its not that i am against shariah rule but what happens nowadays btw. some shariah enforcers is utterly cow dung. Bottom-line : you live in their country their rules, deal with it.
Side Note: LOL another some what muslim issue related post. They just keep multiplying like rabbits don't they? lol :yes:
Reply 70
I'm probably missing something, but I don't see the problem. :s-smilie:
Reply 71
Yuppie20
tell that to the women who lose their faces by way of acid

And that was lawful was it? :curious:
Reply 72
I don't understand :s-smilie: So some muslims have set up courts that dole out punishment according to a religion? I don't understand why. Why don't people just go to a normal court?
Reply 73
They should be closed immediately.
Reply 74

Dude, seriously 29th June 2009. I mean if it was a real issue don't you think it would have been dealt with now. I mean firstly the youtube video, the guy is out of the uk and banned.
Samrout
Why are people against Sharia Courts in the UK? YOU don't have to go to them, they are a choice! I thought we lived in a civilised Western Democracy? And the majority of posts about the justice system here (including my own) are pretty critical, and I'm sure that many Muslims in the UK would prefer their matters to be put through a Sharia Court.

And it would be absolutely impossible for anyone to disagree with prostitution, after all its a choice, you can choose to sell sex or you can choose to go on the dole or work at tescos, and you can choose to see a prostitute or not. Do you approve of prostitution for those that choose it?

And when it comes to abortion are you pro choice?

You may agree with these things, but I am going to make a really wild guess that Muslims who advocate sharia courts don't.

How about indentured servitude, that could be a choice, so its all good right, democracy is just about making choices, heck a vote for the BNP is just a choice right? A racist and despicable choice, but if choice is intrinsically a good thing you wouldn't regard that as a problem.
Reply 76

Dude, seriously 29th June 2009. I mean if it was a real issue don't you think it would have been dealt with now. I mean firstly the youtube video, the guy is out of the uk and banned.
Reply 77
pendragon
And it would be absolutely impossible for anyone to disagree with prostitution, after all its a choice, you can choose to sell sex or you can choose to go on the dole or work at tescos, and you can choose to see a prostitute or not. Do you approve of prostitution for those that choose it?

And when it comes to abortion are you pro choice?

You may agree with these things, but I am going to make a really wild guess that Muslims who advocate sharia courts don't.

How about indentured servitude, that could be a choice, so its all good right, democracy is just about making choices, heck a vote for the BNP is just a choice right?

If your not pro choice than why go to a sharia court. There is only 85 of them this to cater for the rising number of muslims.
Samrout

Why? What is wrong with the common law legal system?
Reply 79
Lord Hysteria
Why? What is wrong with the common law legal system?

Long waiting times, expensive lawyers maybe. I'm no expert.

Latest

Trending

Trending