Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    I asked you to explain, you offered me an article that someone else wrote. That's regurgitation. You make my point for me - I asked for a direction, and you directed me to what someone else had told you. If you had any idea about the topic, you'd be able to explain your ideas for yourself.
    everything you know is what someone else has told you. The topic is based on "regurgitated information". Nevertheless that regurgitated information answered your query, and since when was this an idea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pendragon)
    The questions that you ask are bound together.
    The reason more women convert is because they marry Muslim men, and because Muslims do not allow their women to date or marry non-Muslim men, if they can't date or easily meet non-Muslim men without their family's approval (not likely to be forthcoming) then how do they even give prospective non-Muslim suitors the chance to know them and convert in order to marry them? Its blindingly obvious that Muslim men can more easily date non-Muslim women as they are not subject to as strict controls by their family, and then if the woman is willing to convert in order to marry them they are likely to get family approval at that stage. So its not because Islam is somehow more popular with non-Muslim women than non-Muslim men, its because Muslim girls are far more controlled in their behaviour and in their marriage and dating choices within a framework where conversion of anyone you marry to Islam is deemed essential while Muslim young men are far more free to travel, to work, to meet non-Muslim girls and to pursue them prior to marriage.
    Dude, Islam allows people to marry people from the book. I think it refers to christianity and jews, but it has been extended by different schloars. Some cultures do not like people marrying other people. For example, I can gurantee that I pakistinai family would not let their son to marry a Inidain women becuase of religon rather ethnic tensions and past history.

Whatever Islamists have to say on the subject sharia is a man made system constructed after Muhammad's death, generally speaking as applied it is worse than what is actually specified in the Qu'ran, but even if you read the Qu'ran women's testimony is clearly valued at half of that of a man's, limited beating of your wife is suggested as permissible, and women's rights to inheritance as wives and daughters allow them lesser shares than men. I don't see how this can be reconciled with English legal principles.
    Every religon is man-made. I mean men are more of a religous figure. Islam has done alot for women, while are beloved prophet muhamed was alive. For example they had:
    [LIST][*]Rights such as marriage, divorce and inheritance. We were the first people to give women such rights. [*]I mean we were also the first people to abolish female infanticide[*]We also made education more attainable for women[*] "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?” (Al-Bukhari, English Translation, vol. 8, Hadith 68, pp. 42-43) from hadith which comes from Prophet Mohamed’s teachings.

Now I know this new Muslim society are very corrupt that’s why personally any Muslim will know that there is know court that can fully identify them as a 'real sharia court'. Just because a few Arabs decided not to follow something’s doesn't mean they could justify it through Islam, I mean heck most women in Arab countries would of loved to live in prophet society as for they were generally more accepted.

Spoiler:
    Show
    How can anyone justify Islam's treatment of women, when it imprisons Afghans under blue shuttlecock burqas and makes Pakistani girls marry strangers against their will?

How can you respect a religion that forces women into polygamous marriages, mutilates their genitals, forbids them to drive cars and subjects them to the humiliation of "instant" divorce? In fact, none of these practices are Islamic at all.

Anyone wishing to understand Islam must first separate the religion from the cultural norms and style of a society. Female genital mutilation is still practised in certain pockets of Africa and Egypt, but viewed as an inconceivable horror by the vast majority of Muslims. Forced marriages may still take place in certain Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities, but would be anathema to Muslim women from other backgrounds.

To assume that if someone is from a more religious or ethnic area that they will be happy to choose sharia does not follow, if a woman who has just arrived from Pakistan having married an older man whom her parents arranged for her to marry, doesn't speak English has no notion of the laws of the UK, and rarely leaves the house - how is she to know that she has any real choice not to go to the sharia court and accept its judgement (even if she did know she would be in a very difficult and vulnerable situation).
    How 'dumb' can you be to not know that a different country has different laws, I mean most Muslims come here because of their own countries crazy laws. I mean I wouldn't go to Somalia because of Al-shaabab who is some crazy ass people. I wouldn't expect a nice government to hold me in welcoming hands; rather I would expect a group of Islamic extremist persuading me to join them in their deluded opinion of a 'justified jihad'.

ReputationRep:
    This thread... again.

:facepalm:

This topic so doesn't deserve all this (mostly improperly informed) discussion.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why it's such a big thing, Jewish courts have been in use for centuries. Why can Muslims not have Sharia courts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    All religions should just **** off. Let's not make a special case of the Abrahamics.
    unbelievably ignorant
    You think buddhists should just **** off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz)
    I don't understand why it's such a big thing, Jewish courts have been in use for centuries. Why can Muslims not have Sharia courts?
    Brother people need to see that before implementing sharia law in british courts

muslims need to fix up their own ummah before targettting the kuffar
    How can we expect britian to conform when our own muslim ummah is teared apart muslims are fighting each other then we expect the kuffar to adhere to our sharia law

one day inshallah islam will be restored to its original practice and britian will be an islamic country when the people accept it until then we cant impose them on kuffar however if muslims want to go to a sharia court that is fine

jazah allah khair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz)
    maybe because jewish courts don't sanction stonings for women when a woman is raped like sharia law does?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z332008)
    Brother people need to see that before implementing sharia law in british courts

muslims need to fix up their own ummah before targettting the kuffar
    How can we expect britian to conform when our own muslim ummah is teared apart muslims are fighting each other then we expect the kuffar to adhere to our sharia law

one day inshallah islam will be restored to its original practice and britian will be an islamic country when the people accept it until then we cant impose them on kuffar however if muslims want to go to a sharia court that is fine

jazah allah khair
    Our country. Our rules. The more you talk like this the more you support the BNP. The more you support the BNP the quicker your deportation/culling will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynch101)
    unbelievably ignorant
    You think buddhists should just **** off?
    Err, yes. Anybody who makes unsubstantiated claims, and then lives as if they where evident truthes.

They can all go jump off a cliff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phugoid)
    Err, yes. Anybody who makes unsubstantiated claims, and then lives as if they where evident truthes.

They can all go jump off a cliff.
    You ignorant ****
    Buddhists are a peaceful people for one
    Who the hell are you to state what people should believe or not? When they impose their beliefs on others then it is vile, but when they live on their own not bothering anyone else how can you think they should all go jump off a cliff?

Shame on you.

ReputationRep:
    Our country. Our rules. The more you talk like this the more you support the BNP. The more you support the BNP the quicker your deportation/culling will be.
    have you even read my post????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z332008)
    have you even read my post????
    yes
    how dare you refer to us as kuffar
    **** off you hate inciting scum

ReputationRep:
    maybe because jewish courts don't sanction stonings for women when a woman is raped like sharia law does?
    sharia law doesn't allow this and stoning is permitted in jewish law. And you are a kafir (non muslim)?

ReputationRep:
    Guys - please discuss the topic at hand and not let this thread become another personal flame war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Guys - please discuss the topic at hand and not let this thread become another personal flame war.
    You are forgetting.....

EDIT:

Someone said the picture was "horrible" so click on your own risk and don't complain.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    sharia law doesn't allow this and stoning is permitted in jewish law. And you are a kafir (non muslim)?
    sharia law does allow this, hence why it happens in the middle east.
    jews would not campaign for a stoning in the UK because they respect that stoning has no place in british law. Some muslims clearly have no such respect. Kuffar is an insult. It doesn't mean non muslim, it means non believer, which is an insult.

ReputationRep:
    sharia law does allow this, hence why it happens in the middle east.
    jews would not campaign for a stoning in the UK because they respect that stoning has no place in british law. Some muslims clearly have no such respect. Kuffar is an insult. It doesn't mean non muslim, it means non believer, which is an insult.
    Shut up. Just the Arabic meaning for non believer, if a Christian called me a non believer I would take no offence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    This is seriously uncool. This country needs to be secularised, with immediate effect.
    On the lines of republique francaise?

ReputationRep:
    You ignorant ****
    Buddhists are a peaceful people for one
    Who the hell are you to state what people should believe or not? When they impose their beliefs on others then it is vile, but when they live on their own not bothering anyone else how can you think they should all go jump off a cliff?

Shame on you.
    I don't give a **** if they're peaceful or not. As long as they are peddlers of misinformation then they are no friend, but an enemy of mine, and an enemy of anybody who wants societal, intellectual, scientific, technological and moral progress for humanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Of the Standard of Taste)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That picture is horrible!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.