Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookshophannah)
    I thought the same thing. Also thought it was a bit strange to invite everyone up and offer to pay travel expenses for something that could be done online, Deloitte-style.

Anyone know any other girls that applied? It's looking pretty male dominated at the moment...
    Ha yeah it is so iffy going up to London as well. Did anyone book for the 7th and have it changed, because of strikes, to tomorrow? And no, i don't know any other girls who have applied. When are your tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaddyD15)
    Ha yeah it is so iffy going up to London as well. Did anyone book for the 7th and have it changed, because of strikes, to tomorrow? And no, i don't know any other girls who have applied. When are your tests?
    Mine are on the 7th, there's a really cheap Greyhound coach service to London from where I am so I'm sticking with that date.

I wish I knew how many other people had got through so I knew my chances...

ReputationRep:
    Mine are on the 7th, there's a really cheap Greyhound coach service to London from where I am so I'm sticking with that date.

I wish I knew how many other people had got through so I knew my chances...
    Yeah same, it seems from this thread that a few people got rejected but i dont know. Yeah i was just worried that more things would go on strike like the tube. Have you done any prep? I dont know what to do

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same, it seems from this thread that a few people got rejected but i dont know. Yeah i was just worried that more things would go on strike like the tube. Have you done any prep? I dont know what to do
    No nothing, I don't think it's the sort of thing you can prepare for but you knows? I'm slightly worried about the maths element of the test because my basic skills have been destroyed by 2 years of A level maths using graphical calculators! I can barely do long devision...

Is yours on the 7th too?

ReputationRep:
    No nothing, I don't think it's the sort of thing you can prepare for but you knows? I'm slightly worried about the maths element of the test because my basic skills have been destroyed by 2 years of A level maths using graphical calculators! I can barely do long devision...

Is yours on the 7th too?
    Ha i know hopefully it wont be too difficult. I have been trying to find out information on it online but there is nothing because only 2 firms use it or something stupid.

Mine originally was but then i changed mine to tomorrow when they sent that email because of the strikes and getting up from the isle of wight would have been terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Ha i know hopefully it wont be too difficult. I have been trying to find out information on it online but there is nothing because only 2 firms use it or something stupid.

Mine originally was but then i changed mine to tomorrow when they sent that email because of the strikes and getting up from the isle of wight would have been terrible.
    Oh you're from the island! That's a pretty mammoth mission up to London; enjoy!

And good luck tomorrow, I'm sure it won't be too bad

ReputationRep:
    how were the tests?

ReputationRep:
    Im not going to give too much away cos this is sort of be all or end all to me but there is soo much for the little time they give you there were 3 people there and only 1 person finish 1 test
    I see what you mean now, the time limit was really tough. Sounds like they're selecting 16 candidates to be interviewed out of 60, so hope your news is good

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean now, the time limit was really tough. Sounds like they're selecting 16 candidates to be interviewed out of 60, so hope your news is good
    oh awesome thats gone up, the woman said to me it was 14 out of 80 for both Initial Entry and Gap Year. Do you know if everyone who was supposed to be there was their yesterday? As she said that i would hear by the end of this week if everyone managed to make it this week.

ReputationRep:
    oh awesome thats gone up, the woman said to me it was 14 out of 80 for both Initial Entry and Gap Year. Do you know if everyone who was supposed to be there was their yesterday? As she said that i would hear by the end of this week if everyone managed to make it this week.
    Oh I didn't realise they were combining the recruitment of gap year and initial entry; that's scary! I'm pretty sure everyone was there yesterday, she said they'd get back to us by Friday and there was a guy marking our spelling and grammar while we were taking numerical awareness!

She said there were 8 vacancies (7 in banking, 1 HR), they would be interviewing up to 16 for these places and she'd tested about 60 people.

How much of the maths paper did you do?

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email from the Bank of England confirming my interview for the Initial Entry scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam20j)
    I just got an email from the Bank of England confirming my interview for the Initial Entry scheme
    Well done! I got one for the gap year when's your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Well done! I got one for the gap year when's your interview?
    same what date did you book?

ReputationRep:
    the maths paper i got to about the end of the 3rd page i think cant really remember.

ReputationRep:
    same what date did you book?
    23rd, friday afternoon. What about you? All this BoE stuff is seriously distracting me from the fact that my exams begin in 9 weeks...

ReputationRep:
    23rd, friday afternoon. What about you? All this BoE stuff is seriously distracting me from the fact that my exams begin in 9 weeks...
    Oo last slot. I haven't booked yet need to wait and see if i have anything on those days. Ha yeah same well saying that anything is distracting me from revision im starting to get worried i havent done any. I said i would do some today but just been laying in the garden all day lol

ReputationRep:
    Oo last slot. I haven't booked yet need to wait and see if i have anything on those days. Ha yeah same well saying that anything is distracting me from revision im starting to get worried i havent done any. I said i would do some today but just been laying in the garden all day lol
    I've got double maths on a friday afternoon...
    and I don't blame you for not getting revision done, sun > parametric equations

ReputationRep:
    I've got double maths on a friday afternoon...
    and I don't blame you for not getting revision done, sun > parametric equations
    ha yeah, what a levels are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    ha yeah, what a levels are you doing?
    maths, english lit, philosophy and i've just finished an economics extended project

is your gap year for definite then? Or will you go to uni if you don't get the place?

ReputationRep:
    maths, english lit, philosophy and i've just finished an economics extended project

is your gap year for definite then? Or will you go to uni if you don't get the place?
    It depends on my grades in the summer cos at the moment i have some solid AS levels if i get a few A* will probably take a year out and re apply to oxford/cambridge not sure which what about you? where have you got offers from?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.