Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have to make my mind up between

1. Pharmacy at Strathclyde Uni

&

2. Medicinal Chemistry At Glasgow Uni

1. Pharmacy is quite flexible im told, i could progress from my degree into various areas of pharmacy and pharmaceuticals... HOWEVER! i live 24 miles away from strathclyde and can only apply for accomodation once deadline is over, ie while not get any of my choices, and will most likely have to either stay at home or in victoria halls, whats this like? i really want to move out, for the uni experience! and i couldnt handle travelling well over an hour to uni every day (N)

2. Medicinal chem sounds good but unfortunately due to health issues i had to drop AH chemistry, and might struggle getting back into it. And lots of students are coming out with generic science degrees and there is no jobs, and may have to become like a teacher... but if i do get a good job then i can again progress into a really good, and highly paid job... and i can live in halls. Plus my boyfriend going there, i know i know, ive been told a million times, we might break up, become different people blah blah, but still, i would like to be with him (weve been together for 3 years)
    Medicinal chem was my first choice to begin with (after i dropped the idea of medicine, as i HATE the thought of taking blood and cutting people up etc, quite squeemish you could say)

but then people have been trying to convince me that pharmacy is good, and theres alot i can do afterwards.... and im starting to believe them

:confused: :confused: :confused:
    SO CONFUSED!
    any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Also, would i be able to like move to my friends or familys on paper so i can apply to halls at strathclyde so im that 1 mile out??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisVuitton43)
    Also, would i be able to like move to my friends or familys on paper so i can apply to halls at strathclyde so im that 1 mile out??
    That's fraud.
    For your above question, noone can decide that but yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pamelaa)
    That's fraud.
    For your above question, noone can decide that but yourself.

what if i ACTUALLY move in with them....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisVuitton43)
    what if i ACTUALLY move in with them....
    If you have put your home address on your UCAS application it might look a bit dodgy unless you change that as well. They probably aren't going to do anything even if they find out, other than just not giving you a room.,

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.