Turn on thread page Beta

When you talk to someone what are you looking at watch

ReputationRep:
    I stare above their head it makes them feel uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    my phone or the tv preferabley but if not then eyes

ReputationRep:
    It's best to look halfway down their nose - proven fact.

ReputationRep:
    I usually look a lot at their hair... I notice things

ReputationRep:
    I read in a body language book that people who just want to be friends use the "Social zone" alternates from eye > other eye > Forehead in a sort of triangle.
    People who want more than friendship go from eye > other eye > lips.

Personally I think this is bull
    Usually I look into their eyes, then to any other defining features. Sometimes I look at their lips if I'm having difficulty hearing them.

ReputationRep:
    i always look at people's eyes

I sort of look at their face as a whole but it's usually the eyes or mouth. :ninja: I feel really awkward not knowing what people are looking at when they talk to me though.

ReputationRep:
    Eyes. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gez1990)
    I read in a body language book that people who just want to be friends use the "Social zone" alternates from eye > other eye > Forehead in a sort of triangle.
    People who want more than friendship go from eye > other eye > lips.

Personally I think this is bull
    Usually I look into their eyes, then to any other defining features. Sometimes I look at their lips if I'm having difficulty hearing them.
    hmmm. That actually seems like what I do....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    hmmm. That actually seems like what I do....
    Really? Seems like the book is more "on the mark" then I gave it credit for
    Oh, there was another zone that was pretty much the "We should go to the bedroom..." look that goes:
    Eye > other eye > downstairs fun zone

Please tell me you don't do the same :p:

ReputationRep:
    Eyes and mouth, i guess.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to focus on their tits when I digress from that I move to mouth/lips and then finally eyes - eyes tell a lot, especially if one is lonely, content, discontent - thats when comfort zone CAN kick in and talking becomes vice versa.

I only talk to women... tell a lie, men I look away from and TRY to listen if it's interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarfaced)
    when you are looking at there face

For example, I alanlyse their skin, hairline, wrinkles, marks, freckles etc..etc...thats all I do..I hardly listen to what they are saying..I just analyse their appearance

I have always been obseessed with skin as I had bad acne since 12 years old....SO mayeb this is why or do others do this

I mean when you are looking at someone to talk to them you must be aware and concetrating on their face so therefore seeing and analysing these things

Or do yo just tlak to them and listen to waht they are saying and not pay much attention to there appearance unless there is something really weird like a huge hairy wart or horrendous acne or something?
    You're a freak.

Next?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gez1990)
    Really? Seems like the book is more "on the mark" then I gave it credit for
    Oh, there was another zone that was pretty much the "We should go to the bedroom..." look that goes:
    Eye > other eye > downstairs fun zone

Please tell me you don't do the same :p:
    haha can't say I do. I think that zone is a bit too hard to disguise without looking like a perv...

Well that plus "straight to the bedroom" isn't my thing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.