Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    sorry guys that was the worst thread ever as I was half asleep and revising at the same time.

what I meant to say was that as a ppe student I feel the work I do is very interesting but it wont help me in practical life, by this I meant knowing what sartre said about existentialism wont save someones life or bring me riches or help others.

this differs to medicine as everything you learn you can put to practical use and save lives and see things that others havn't been able to see becasue you have done the reading.

this would encourage me to do alot more work in my medical training than I am able to cunjure up for my ppe degree.

sorry about the first draft again :P

ReputationRep:
    wat

where I think you need to re-write that. =)

ReputationRep:
    That was a fairly random post.

I shall try to translate...

What the OP said...

"why I believe that although the work load for medicine the level of satisfaction will be higher is that for every hour of work you do for a degree like politics you are getting knowledge and picking up more information for marks in tests. where as in medicine the extra reading you do makes you a better doctor and could atchually save lives. where I have a problem now is doing the work as I see no practical use this would not be the case in medicine."

What the OP meant...

"As a medical applicant I find it frustrating that the work I do currently for my A levels bears seemingly no resemblance to what I hope to study at university. I hope that upon commencing my studies at medical school my rose tinted view of medicine shall pull me through, however I fear that my current lack of enthusiasm for A level maths shall lead to me missing my offer. While making this point I would also like to have a dig at politics students for not being medics with a horrendously rose tinted view of things.

Though I don't have a topic for conversation I feel I should share my frustrations with all, in the hope that together we can ostracise students of other subjects, and save the world.

Yours

Sanjeeb"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpineol)

What the OP said...

"why I believe that although the work load for medicine the level of satisfaction will be higher is that for every hour of work you do for a degree like politics you are getting knowledge and picking up more information for marks in tests. where as in medicine the extra reading you do makes you a better doctor and could atchually save lives. where I have a problem now is doing the work as I see no practical use this would not be the case in medicine."

What the OP meant...

"As a medical applicant I find it frustrating that the work I do currently for my A levels bears seemingly no resemblance to what I hope to study at university. I hope that upon commencing my studies at medical school my rose tinted view of medicine shall pull me through, however I fear that my current lack of enthusiasm for A level maths shall lead to me missing my offer. While making this point I would also like to have a dig at politics students for not being medics with a horrendously rose tinted view of things.

Though I don't have a topic for conversation I feel I should share my frustrations with all, in the hope that together we can ostracise students of other subjects, and save the world.

Yours

Sanjeeb"
    Lmao.

ReputationRep:

What the OP said...

What the OP meant...

Yours

Sanjeeb"
    Thank god for that I didn't understand a word of the original post.

What the OP said...

What the OP meant...

Yours

Sanjeeb"
    He's at uni studying politics philosophy & economics and wants to apply for grad medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    He's at uni studying politics philosophy & economics and wants to apply for grad medicine.
    Fair doos to the chap then, though one would expect him to be a bit more articulate given this new information.

All that said its exam season, nobody is firing on all cylinders at the moment anyway.

To suggest its easier to concentrate on medicine because one day it might help someone I think is ludicrous.

ReputationRep:
    OP that was a barmy post, I'm arfiad I don't get that feeling too often.. actually usually the opposite ie ' why the hell are we learning this, I will never use this in my professional practice..'

ReputationRep:
    sorry I have fixed the post was doing existentilism revision while be half asleep :P

ReputationRep:
    papajames presents....... bad things to do while smoking crack.

ReputationRep:
    Interest rather than practicality is what stimulates me to learn.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.