Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going from good friends, to more, then enemies and its my fault cos im in love watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Im sure a lot of people have been in this kind of position so hope someone can help as I'm well and truly f***ed in the head.

In 1styr uni I went with the girl and became great friends through texting etc but cut it off as I wasnt getting anywhere in terms of a relationship as she was just out of one.

In second yr we didnt see much of each other, but as we both shared a best friend, the 3 of us and my mate went interrailin together. This reignited a flame for the girl, and like before, I felt crazy about her. We went each other once and generally flirted our way through the trip, deciding at the end, that if we are still txting and enjoying each others company that we should start seeing each other but go very slowly.

We did, and enjoyed a few weeks of seeing each other alot. But, as she maintained the slowness of the relationshp and the fact that we weren't going exclusively she told me that she might be seeing was a txting a guy who she randomly bumped into. this hit me for 6 and i decided I had to cut if off, cos I just couldnt bear the thought of her going with another fella and thought we both wanted different things.

This i feel was a massive mistake, I should have just waited it out ad saw each other casually as no relationship starts seriously at first, it take time. I found out that they werent seeing each other a few weeks later. I regret my decision massively.

About 2 months later in which we didnt really talk much we went out for a friends bday and I found it hard to be around her. I later foolishly asked if we could get back as I know we should take it slow. She explained that she didnt find me in that kind of way anymore(attractive) and it came as the second massive blow, as I knew my chances were completely gone.

The weeks after that, she was constantly tryin to do her best to maintain our friendship by talking to me on facebook etc alot, but I didnt reciprocate as I found it too hard talking to her. I know from last night that she thinks Im a complete idiot for not talkin to her and rightly so as I feel I am and caused this completely myself.

This form of regret mixed in with my feelings for her still means my head is all over the place tbh.

How do you think i should deal with this situation?

Sorry for the long read and hope you can help!

ReputationRep:
    any ideas guys?

ReputationRep:
    If she just wants to be friends, and you can't do that... It seems strangely obvious that you should just leave her alone and go knob other girls who do find you attractive (or drunk females that are so out of it, they'd let an otter inside them).

ReputationRep:
    But that complete loss of contact would be difficult as we're in the same circle of friends, live near each other and have the same best mate.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.