Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How did you lot find the exam? I hope it went well for everyone.
    I have a question though.
    Are the forces between hydrogen sulphide (H2S dipole-dipole, or van der Waals.
    I thoguht it was dipole-dipole, but lots of people say van der Waals, but sulphur is pretty electronegative isnt it.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was mixed. That value x question, mate i forgot too! It was emperical formulae! I did it via trial and error and got 10 which was right, but i dont know if i'll get full 3 marks.
    I think that value x question was to catch people out, it worked too.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was ok. I got the answer for the value of X to be 10
    I put Van der Waal's, but I don't think it's right.
    Hope it went well for everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I found the value of X to be 10 also The question scared me at first, but i stayed calm and managed to see they were asking for empirical formulae using the percentage given. Unlike Biology AQA (pffft fail).
    I thought it might be dipole-dipole, but i put van der waals. Hope its right
    Hope everyone feels okay about it, i thought it went quite well. But you cant really tell until the results come out. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coherence)
    I found the value of X to be 10 also The question scared me at first, but i stayed calm and managed to see they were asking for empirical formulae using the percentage given. Unlike Biology AQA (pffft fail).
    I thought it might be dipole-dipole, but i put van der waals. Hope its right
    Hope everyone feels okay about it, i thought it went quite well. But you cant really tell until the results come out. Best of luck!
    i thought the chemistry exam to be easy than the biology aswell. i cannot remeber any of the questions lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faraz.A)
    How did you lot find the exam? I hope it went well for everyone.
    I have a question though.
    Are the forces between hydrogen sulphide (H2S dipole-dipole, or van der Waals.
    I thoguht it was dipole-dipole, but lots of people say van der Waals, but sulphur is pretty electronegative isnt it.
    You would have got a mark for putting Van der Waals but not dipole-dipole, you need to be more specific as that can mean permanent dipole-dipole or induced dipole-dipole, and Van der Waals are induced dipole-dipole only and the point is that sulfur isn't very electroneg- about the same as carbon.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 16, 2010
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.