Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Quick! which sweet/cake/cookie do I go buy? In exeter Watch

ReputationRep:
    there's an m&s, carluccios, tescos, lots of news agents, sainsburies, starbucks, costa, nero...

ReputationRep:
    Jammy Star cookie from Greggs! LUSH

ReputationRep:
    haha i have such a bad sugar craving these days, i think it's UCAS nerves

ReputationRep:
    A yumyum (or two) from wherever.

ReputationRep:
    Sainsbury's double choc cookies

ReputationRep:
    Marks and spencer cookies from the bakery bit :coma:

ReputationRep:
    trust me, you will NOT be dissapointed with a starbucks rocky road. I get upset when its finished...

ReputationRep:
    Marks and Spencer's double choc chip cookie. I had just had one and it was :sogood: .

ReputationRep:
    ooh cookie sounds like the most awesome idea
    from m&s
    ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizfairy)
    ooh cookie sounds like the most awesome idea
    from m&s
    ^^
    What happened to veganism? Have you given it up? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LinzyLoo)
    What happened to veganism? Have you given it up? :confused:

oh noooo! I just think about cookies :/
    I actually went down to M&S and got summer fruits pudding (vegan), a jazz apple and foccacia bread.
    Nana's cookies are only available in icky gluten free double chocolate at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and i got vegan cookies will invade your cookie jar for christmas, so make vegan versions of stuff from m&s bakery i miss buying

ReputationRep:
    omg a fresh cream slice from greggs *droooooool*

ReputationRep:
    Oh and i got vegan cookies will invade your cookie jar for christmas, so make vegan versions of stuff from m&s bakery i miss buying
    Ooo that sounds cool. I know, it's really hard sometimes. I hate knowing how amazing M&S cookies are. In fact, all cookies.
    I have a cookie obsession. I don't miss cheese, or yogurt, or even cakes, but cookies... urghhh. I would kill for an M&S white chocolate cookie right now. Sometimes I think, maybe I could just have one week of going back and getting a fix of all the things I miss... which would mainly just be cookies from various places actually.
    Thing is, I KNOW that they ar really easy to veganise, and I have like a million recipes saved on my desktop, I'm just so lazy I never get round to making them.
    Nana's ones are good though, the choc chip and the oatmeal and raisin, which I think is slightly better actually. I know what it is about the double choc one and the lemon ones though, they are gluten free, whereas the good ones with nice texture are only wheat free. When I was in the US I stocked up and had a mix of both coz I didn't really know the difference. They also do just plain original "Vegan" ones which aren't wheat or gluten free - presumably these would be even better.
    I just wish I wasn't so lazy.

ReputationRep:
    Ooo that sounds cool. I know, it's really hard sometimes. I hate knowing how amazing M&S cookies are. In fact, all cookies.
    I have a cookie obsession. I don't miss cheese, or yogurt, or even cakes, but cookies... urghhh. I would kill for an M&S white chocolate cookie right now. Sometimes I think, maybe I could just have one week of going back and getting a fix of all the things I miss... which would mainly just be cookies from various places actually.
    Thing is, I KNOW that they ar really easy to veganise, and I have like a million recipes saved on my desktop, I'm just so lazy I never get round to making them.
    Nana's ones are good though, the choc chip and the oatmeal and raisin, which I think is slightly better actually. I know what it is about the double choc one and the lemon ones though, they are gluten free, whereas the good ones with nice texture are only wheat free. When I was in the US I stocked up and had a mix of both coz I didn't really know the difference. They also do just plain original "Vegan" ones which aren't wheat or gluten free - presumably these would be even better.
    I just wish I wasn't so lazy.
    Me to! it's a cookie thing and laziness thing. In america though i'd be fat on nana's and boston cookies, which don't even pretend to be healthy hehe.
    I'm just a bit obsessed in white chocolate chip, ginger, oat meal raisin cookies... I tend to make them whenever I don't feel too lazy, it's annoying to think supermarkets could make them for us and no one would tell the difference!

ReputationRep:
    Me to! it's a cookie thing and laziness thing. In america though i'd be fat on nana's and boston cookies, which don't even pretend to be healthy hehe.
    I'm just a bit obsessed in white chocolate chip, ginger, oat meal raisin cookies... I tend to make them whenever I don't feel too lazy, it's annoying to think supermarkets could make them for us and no one would tell the difference!
    I know, supermarkets just make no effort whatsoever. It's annoying when I go into say Sainsbury's or M&S and see a wrap or sandwich which could quite easily have been vegan, but they've just stuck in like 5% yogurt dressing or something, like, why? I'm sure nobody would even notice if it wasn't there.
    I work in the co-op and we had a sandwich which I thought at first was vegan til I read the ingredients which had at the end... "butter (1%) ....1%?!?! :eek: Why bother?! We do have vegan jam and CUSTARD donuts though, and puff pastry mince pies, apple pies and fruit shortcake biscuits, so that makes up for it slightly
    Have your cookies turned out good? Whenever I try and make them (which has been a grand total of twice) they always turn out like flat cakes, way too fluffy and not dense. I think I'm being to stingy with the fat, trying to be healthy.
    Also have you made white choc ones? They were always my favourite. I've never tried vegan white choc but part of me thinks it'll never be the same.

ReputationRep:
    I know, supermarkets just make no effort whatsoever. It's annoying when I go into say Sainsbury's or M&S and see a wrap or sandwich which could quite easily have been vegan, but they've just stuck in like 5% yogurt dressing or something, like, why? I'm sure nobody would even notice if it wasn't there.
    I work in the co-op and we had a sandwich which I thought at first was vegan til I read the ingredients which had at the end... "butter (1%) ....1%?!?! :eek: Why bother?! We do have vegan jam and CUSTARD donuts though, and puff pastry mince pies, apple pies and fruit shortcake biscuits, so that makes up for it slightly
    Have your cookies turned out good? Whenever I try and make them (which has been a grand total of twice) they always turn out like flat cakes, way too fluffy and not dense. I think I'm being to stingy with the fat, trying to be healthy.
    Also have you made white choc ones? They were always my favourite. I've never tried vegan white choc but part of me thinks it'll never be the same.
    yep, i'm pretty sure it's a conspiracy deal between dairy/egg farmers and supermarkets. Custard doughnuts vegan!? No way! I knew the raspberry co op doughnuts were but not the custard! I'll have to get my daddy to take me to the co op hehe.
    My cookies always turn out amazing (sorry to brag! hehe) you have to be unhealthy, as with shop bought cookies, to make them cookie like. Vegan with a vengeance chocolate chip cookie recipe is great for making cookies identical to those from tesco, sainsburies or M&S. I break up plamil white chocolate into chunks when I get hold of some instead of using dark chocolate, and sometimes add cinnamon, oats, raisins. Vegweb.com is useful for this to.
    Plamil white chocolate is surprisingly amazing, i think it's actually better than non vegan white chocolate as it tastes less like sweetened condensed milk and more of cocoa butter and vanilla. I think you'll love it! I prefer it to non vegan stuff.

ReputationRep:
    yep, i'm pretty sure it's a conspiracy deal between dairy/egg farmers and supermarkets. Custard doughnuts vegan!? No way! I knew the raspberry co op doughnuts were but not the custard! I'll have to get my daddy to take me to the co op hehe.
    My cookies always turn out amazing (sorry to brag! hehe) you have to be unhealthy, as with shop bought cookies, to make them cookie like. Vegan with a vengeance chocolate chip cookie recipe is great for making cookies identical to those from tesco, sainsburies or M&S. I break up plamil white chocolate into chunks when I get hold of some instead of using dark chocolate, and sometimes add cinnamon, oats, raisins. Vegweb.com is useful for this to.
    Plamil white chocolate is surprisingly amazing, i think it's actually better than non vegan white chocolate as it tastes less like sweetened condensed milk and more of cocoa butter and vanilla. I think you'll love it! I prefer it to non vegan stuff.
    Mmm, I'll need to get a hold of some of that. I don't have vegan with a vengeance but I'm sure I can find the recipe online somewhere. I know what I'm going to be doing after my last exam on monday! :yes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.