Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If I fail one 15 credit module this year... watch

ReputationRep:
    ...but pass all of the rest, how detrimental will this failed 15 credits be to my degree classification? (I'm a second year French stdent)

Any help much appreciated

SuperSam_Fantastiche

ReputationRep:
    dosn't it depends on how your degree is weighted, is it 60:40

the arithmetic average and dominant quality
    i'm going by my uni now, your rules could be different
    we go on a average mark then add all the credits up, like if you have 150 credits at a 2.1 but no more than 90 at a 3rd or fail your be given a 2.1 even if you don't have the % required by arithmetic average

but unis can be different

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    You will need to check your course documentation, but at my University there are six 20-credit modules. All parts of the assessment must be passed in order to progress on to the next stage. The Diploma and Final stages are weighted 40:60. In borderline cases, at least 7 out of 12 modules should be in the higher category. Students re-tain the right to be re-assessed in each module once only, providing they have met the attendance and submission requirements.

ReputationRep:
    In my old department you couldn't continue/graduate without getting at least 120 credits per year.
    This is also the case in my department, but students normally retain the right to be re-assessed once. If they then fail the module, it is necessary to pick up an additional one the following year. In some circumstances, repeat years were granted on the basis of exceptional personal circumstances or when a student had failed the entire year, but this would be capped at only 40%.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.