Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently at University, and this upcoming Semester I have lectures on a Wednesday from 9am - 1pm, then a 3 hour break, then a seminar from 4pm - 6pm. However, I've noticed that alot of people have their seminars session from 1pm until 3pm. I'd prefer having it at that time, so I was thinking about asking to have it changed. However, I'm not sure how leniant Universities are if you want to change the timetable?! Surely they wouldn't look to favourably if I asked to change it if I said I had other commitments at that time?!

ReputationRep:
    On my course we can't change lecture times because there is one lecture on each module per week. But there are several seminar classes in the week for each module, and we can choose any. But when everyone was signing up obviously they chose the earlier times. I had a seminar around 4 oclock in my first year, but as soon as people started droppping out or changing times then I managed to end up in a 2o'clock seminar.
    Just ask your lecturers.

ReputationRep:
    Ask if there is a possibility of changing seminars. They can only say no. If they do then use your time to do some work.

ReputationRep:
    You can't change lectures; but can change seminars.

Mine will only allow it for child care purposes. However, I managed to change by saying it causes problems disability wise. (truth being, didn't want to hang around for 5.5 hours just for a seminar and it would be nice to finish before 4pm)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.