Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Han)
    Personally I think the boundary will be about 57/58 for an A, but we will have to wait and see. Don't worry about it, just wait and see how you have done. Even if you do resit again, it will seem easy compared to whatever modules you are doing first time round in summer.
    i spose, just the thought that i could have got 100% if i concentrated thru the whole thing makes me soooo angry ! lol:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmewho)
    Squareee root 45!

how did you get that. do you remember the question??

I got square root something else dont remember know
    it was square toot 45 but you could write it as 2-sqrt5 over something i really cant remember

ReputationRep:
    Hello Perminder
    I ran out of time today xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    Thought exam went ok, was so stupid on question 2 though with finding 55th term and sum to 55, i tried everything trying to find d and a formula, when i just realised you could have worked it out mathematically haha,
    But yeh rest was ok i think, with the graph one where u had f(2x) or what ever it was, did you just divided the x coordinates by 2 and leave the y coords as the same, wb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainorshine)
    Hey Guys,
    Thought exam went ok, was so stupid on question 2 though with finding 55th term and sum to 55, i tried everything trying to find d and a formula, when i just realised you could have worked it out mathematically haha,
    But yeh rest was ok i think, with the graph one where u had f(2x) or what ever it was, did you just divided the x coordinates by 2 and leave the y coords as the same, wb
    ye, stretch paralell to the x axis sf 0.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amulvanny)
    Hello Perminder
    I ran out of time today xx
    :woo: Helllloo alex :]

dont worry about it alex you will have a decent score deffinatley better than the one u did last yaer :yes: x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahg40)
    i didnt find it too bad, nothing too scary, but i was a little unsure on the answer i got for the finding N bit on the arithmetic progression question, did ne 1 else get decimals for N and 2 values?
    dont think this was arithmetic progression.

you talking about the second question which was periodic 1,3,5,3,1,5 etc.?

ReputationRep:
    hi guys this paper today was easier than jun 2009 i done that paper and i run out of time but 2day it was very easy

i want to confirm few quations with you guys

the first integration was x^2+3X^-1+C
    the sector question 6.5cm the radius
    trapizium rule 49. sumfing lol
    integration was 50. sumfing
    the last log rule the gradient was 0.012 the equation was P=100*10^0,012t

ReputationRep:
    o no i missed out the +C thats one mark gone :/

ReputationRep:
    I thought that paper was much easier than June, the only bit I got a bit stuck on was finding the roots of x^3-3x^2-9x but then I factorised out the x and used the quadratic formula. Oh dear, for the trapezium rule I got 46 something.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't finish the paper - was on the second part of Q12.

Got stuck on the x^3 -3x^2-9x question as well, but never thought to use the formula.

Had to slightly rush Qs 10 and 11 as well.

Really hoping for a B but a C would be good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milad007)
    hi guys this paper today was easier than jun 2009 i done that paper and i run out of time but 2day it was very easy

i want to confirm few quations with you guys

the first integration was x^2+3X^-1+C
    the sector question 6.5cm the radius
    trapizium rule 49. sumfing lol
    integration was 50. sumfing
    the last log rule the gradient was 0.012 the equation was P=100*10^0,012t
    i disagree with your integration question infact ive still got that equation saved on my calculator and i used the integration function and it gave me the answer 47.664 which was what i got when i integrated it by hand. the trapezium rule gave something along the lines of 47.5 or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snake91)
    i disagree with your integration question infact ive still got that equation saved on my calculator and i used the integration function and it gave me the answer 47.664 which was what i got when i integrated it by hand. the trapezium rule gave something along the lines of 47.5 or something.
    That's exactly what I got! What did you write for the two mark question at the end?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rick4236)
    That's exactly what I got! What did you write for the two mark question at the end?
    nice one rick

i got an answer of 1612.xxxx (x's being a few random integers) or something and stated it was an unreliable model since it produced that within 55 years (or however big it is between 1945-2050, cba to do maths atm since my mind is shattered!) the population of africa between the ages of 15-55 (or whatever the age bracket was!) would be 1.6billion which was an unreasonable number for a population. or something along those lines but it is definitely unreasonable! china's population is like over a billion but africa has not got the resources for that (i didnt write the stuff in bold but i mean i just basically thought its proposterous)

what you put down fella?

anyone know what the integration question between 0 and 12 and x=7.5 and stating something answer was?

definitely got the sequences question wrong, and the log graph questions are an absolute PAIN because they only accept certain values and its harsh when your tryna calculate the gradient etc. i got the intersect to be 2.0 on the y axis (which was logP or something?)

Looking at past papers they asked questions like state why this model would be unreliable while the plant in young (i remember that being a past question for a c2 paper about a tree growing and a model equation) and it gave a negative answer when talking about the tree is young, so you'd put down something like its unsuitable because it produces negative values and a plant being young can't be negative in height (the equation produced a number which would be the height)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snake91)
    dont think this was arithmetic progression.

you talking about the second question which was periodic 1,3,5,3,1,5 etc.?
    i du get the feeling i may have sat a different paper... is the OCR (MEI) different to the normal OCR?

ReputationRep:
    I put something stupid for that question, I put something like a disaster could occur killing lots of people which would break the trend aha oh dear, lost that two marks.

Nahg40 that question was MEI, I had lots of time at the end and drew out the first 155 terms and got 5 for the term and 165 for the sum

ReputationRep:
    I thought that it was OK, but I didn't really have time to check through cos I spent too long on making the equation in last log question - i hopefully got the right answer in the end though!!!!!
    Anyone else run out of time a bit???
    On the last part of the last question I just said that it was an unreasonable population prediction.

Also, anyone who sat the C1 paper on monday as well... did you find it so much easier having an answer booklet which was just lined paper rather than divided into the question numbers? I kept running out of space in the C1 answer booklet and having to go onto the additional sheets which wasted valuable time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.emily)
    I thought that it was OK, but I didn't really have time to check through cos I spent too long on making the equation in last log question - i hopefully got the right answer in the end though!!!!!
    On the last part of the last question I just said that it was an unreasonable population prediction.

Also, anyone who sat the C1 paper on monday as well... did you find it so much easier having an answer booklet which was just lined paper rather than divided into the question numbers? I kept running out of space in the C1 answer booklet and having to go onto the additional sheets which wasted valuable time.
    I completely ran out of time, was on the second part of Q12. And as for C1, I'm in two minds about the question/answer book - on the one hand it was good as I didn't have to write down the key points of the question like I usually do (I know it wastes time but it's so I don't make any silly mistakes), but on the other hand, I did almost run out of space a few times.

What I would suggest: have the answer booklet w/the question numbers for all the science-y based exams, and the answer booklet with just the lines for essay based exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.emily)

The whole answer booklets stuff is silly imo.

ReputationRep:
    Well...I thought i did ok...but looking at some of your answers...im not too sure anymore ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 9, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.