Turn on thread page Beta

How Do You Approach Shy Guys? watch

ReputationRep:
    so i like this person but he's super shy and i really don't know what to say to him! i am truely hopeless!

HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

ReputationRep:
    Just like normal I guess, they might recoil in shock at first but i'm sure they'd be pleased :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tenement_funster)
    so i like this person but he's super shy and i really don't know what to say to him! i am truely hopeless!

HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    Do you speak to him often? If you can start having 1 on 1 convos, even over msn it's easier to get close to him, then perhaps tell him that you like him.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking as a shy guy, just start the conversation and be friendly. If he likes you he'll start opening up as he gets to know you.

ReputationRep:
    Do the Hustle?

What guy could resist?

ReputationRep:
    If he's shy he should love a girl approcaching him surely.

Being a shy guy myself, I'd be happy with any approach whatsoever by a girl so it doesn't really matter what you do to get started.

ReputationRep:
    :O OMG. same with me! kindaa.
    Kissed this boy on new years, he was 18 and he stayed in once he knew i was going to his sisters :l cus he lives with her. And he's so shy, his sister thought he was gay :/ but he isnt. Arggghhh, and hes sooooo good looking.
    What i did was i texted him saying maybe we should meet. But now we don't really talk no more, im guessing because he is waay to shy. I don't have alot of nerves either tbh. But if you do.. like what others have said, talk to him online or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    Speaking as a shy guy, just start the conversation and be friendly. If he likes you he'll start opening up as he gets to know you.

but he is friends with some other people and i don't know what to say to him when they're around :/ what d'ya reckon i should do?

ReputationRep:
    but he is friends with some other people and i don't know what to say to him when they're around :/ what d'ya reckon i should do?
    How do you know him? What do you know about him - interests etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katherineeee.)
    :O OMG. same with me! kindaa.
    Kissed this boy on new years, he was 18 and he stayed in once he knew i was going to his sisters :l cus he lives with her. And he's so shy, his sister thought he was gay :/ but he isnt. Arggghhh, and hes sooooo good looking.
    What i did was i texted him saying maybe we should meet. But now we don't really talk no more, im guessing because he is waay to shy. I don't have alot of nerves either tbh. But if you do.. like what others have said, talk to him online or something
    I have invited him and his friends to come cinema some time with my mates, i just dont wanna risk what friendhip we might have by scaring him off?

You know what i mean?

(Original post by Gil Gunderson)
    Do the Hustle?

What guy could resist?

Lol, I was going to suggest crawling but meh, the hustle might just do the job. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr eko)
    How do you know him? What do you know about him - interests etc...

through college. i know a bit about stuff he's into, sports wise and what he wants to do after he's left college but not a lot really :/ i want to get to know him better without being obvious.

ReputationRep:
    How are his other friends? Maybe they're more approachable than him. If that's the case you're in luck. But if not don't tell me he's always with them
    If you find him in a party he's helpless and you're in luck.

Wow I always thought your part was easy but now I find that it's not that way very much at all. I mean, which girl wants to appear desperate? Girls can't jump on top of guys and say "Let's go out?"
    although I know a couple like that

ReputationRep:
    through college. i know a bit about stuff he's into, sports wise and what he wants to do after he's left college but not a lot really :/ i want to get to know him better without being obvious.
    Oh you don't want to be obvious well clearly then the hustle is a no no.

Just say what you enjoy and see how he responses. I know a few shy types and even if their super shy if you mention something that either pisses them off or they really like, then they can't help giving some kind of indication of how they feel. Unless their really self absorbed and if that's the case, I wouldn't be interested anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerset)
    How are his other friends? Maybe they're more approachable than him. If that's the case you're in luck. But if not don't tell me he's always with them
    If you find him in a party he's helpless and you're in luck.

Wow I always thought your part was easy but now I find that it's not that way very much at all. I mean, which girl wants to appear desperate? Girls can't jump on top of guys and say "Let's go out?"
    although I know a couple like that

it really is hard! girls fear rejection and lack of friendships just as much as guys. yea his friends are pretty approachable thanks for that, that might be handy

ahh he's unlikely to be at a party - especially one i'm at!!! thanks emerset

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesomesauce)
    Speaking as a shy guy. If he truely is shy, by definition, he should be super happy if any girl approaches him. It isn't relevant what you use to start the conversation.

a lot of people have said that it's just knowing what to say :/ i know you guys just want girls to talk but we don't know what to say!! haha! i don't want to annoy him or whatever. i think i text him too much as it is. he never initiates the text conversation but he doesn't really end it either unless he is going to sleep.

a lot of people have said that it's just knowing what to say :/ i know you guys just want girls to talk but we don't know what to say!! haha! i don't want to annoy him or whatever. i think i text him too much as it is. he never initiates the text conversation but he doesn't really end it either unless he is going to sleep.
    As it was said before, it doesn't matter at all how you start the conversation because a shy guy (including me) will be so overwhelmed by any girl actually approaching them that even if you do something completely stupid, it will be overlooked and forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    I have invited him and his friends to come cinema some time with my mates, i just dont wanna risk what friendhip we might have by scaring him off?

You know what i mean?
    Yeaah i do
    I think that's really brave of you tbh lol. I wouldn't be able to invite anyone like that. And im pretty sure you wouldn't scare him off and that he will get to like you. Obviously, act yourself woo.

ReputationRep:
    As a shy person, I suggest you do it whilst he's drunk.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.