Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is there a Black Renaissance in modern society? watch

ReputationRep:
    I conducted a campus tour at my university today to show some year 12s round. I was very surprised though at the number of black people that showed up. I was showing one black girl round this room in the halls, and we got chatting, and it turned out she was from a very respectable family, and was even predicted good grades. Her mother actually went to Sheffield University to study Chemistry, and had a very good job on which she embarked in a graduate programme.

Is it the case that there is a renaissance for black people in today's society? I must say, I'll be glad to have graduated by the time they all come to university, but I'm very glad it's happening.

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    i hope you get raped by a black man, racist

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but I'm not relly sure what you're getting at.

I see no reason why a black person is any less likely to do well, either in education or employment, than a white person. If you're talking about say immigrants, then the same applies, as they have the assistance needed to do well, both by settling in and adjusting to the British life.

But really, apart from problems at home or very pressed financial issues, which applies to both black and white people, then there's every chance for somebody to succeed in their studies.

Troll?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definately offensive. People moan that ethnic minorities don't integrate and then complain when they come into contact with them. YOU need to sort yourself out.

ReputationRep:
    You and Prince Philip would get along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Yeah definitely offensive. People moan that ethnic minorities don't integrate and then complain when they come into contact with them. YOU need to sort yourself out.
    I was saying how good it was that black people are progressing. :rolleyes: I made a casual comment saying that I'll be glad to have graduated by the time they all come to university; that's not moaning about having to integrate.

ReputationRep:
    Renaissance means 'rebirth', if what you describe is happening, it is happening for the first time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invocation)
    You and Prince Philip would get along.
    :rofl: excellent

ReputationRep:
    What a retard.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Troll.

ReputationRep:
    I'm black and thought this was funny. Better effort than most trolls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umbrellahead)
    To be honest, I find that quite offensive. I'm black myself - my father's a lawyer and my mother's a psychologist. I don't see why we would make any difference to a university environment? You say it like we're completely different species that you'd rather not come into contract with.
    First off, don't feed the troll.
    Secondly, do you not realise that by making statements like that just makes it worse. You're stating it as if being educated for a black person is a phenomenon. Your dad's a lawyer...so what? Just because he's black I'm supposed to be impressed or surprised? Wow you're black and a lawyer? :shock: no way!?

Seriously get real, you're not doing yourself any favours. The more you're able to prevent yourself from trying to defend black people the better you'll make it, you shouldn't feel the need to defend black people by coming out with statements like that as if they're some sort of achievement..it just gives off the impresison as if ordinary things are huge feats for them, like they're less capable or something. If anything you're just patronising your own people, leave the racists to their own low level.

ReputationRep:
    wow what a subtle little troll you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safeman)
    i hope you get raped by a black man, racist
    Oh sod off please. I was complimenting black people for heaven's sake.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.