Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniellebrace)
    (btw i would know cause a year ago i was the drunk teenager hanging around there)
    Score.

ReputationRep:
    yeah near marble arch (its hyde park just behind the roundabout) i do know... i wouldnt talk about **** i dont know. but hyde park is a big arse park and the hostle is probally the other side, so its like a 10 minute walk, which in london is long.
    Because London time is LOOOOONG time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killerjane)
    Because London time is LOOOOONG time.
    lol indeed.
    what i ment is that you can get from romford to feltham in less than an hour. so therefore central london it would take less than 20 minutes (tube time) so therefore 10 minutes (only halkf of that) seems is a long time for london time.
    get my drift?

ReputationRep:
    lol indeed.
    what i ment is that you can get from romford to feltham in less than an hour. so therefore central london it would take less than 20 minutes (tube time) so therefore 10 minutes (only halkf of that) seems is a long time for london time.
    get my drift?
    Mmhmm. But in context to the OP, I'm sure walking through Hyde Park to get to Oxford Street will just be part of the London experience, particularly if money is an issue. There's plenty to see whilst walking and their not going to be in a rush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killerjane)
    Mmhmm. But in context to the OP, I'm sure walking through Hyde Park to get to Oxford Street will just be part of the London experience, particularly if money is an issue. There's plenty to see whilst walking and their not going to be in a rush.
    yeah i know i said at the beggining that it was good thing (: but somebody went and got arsy and all that,l so this convo is so off topic.

ReputationRep:
    lol indeed.
    get my drift?
    I see what you mean, to get only that far in 10 minutes in London seems like you're not doing a lot with your time, when you consider how far you can get using other modes.

A fair point, but walking for 10 minutes in the Hyde Park area isn't the worst use of time me thinks.

Walking 10 minutes across The City at 5 PM on the other hand can seem like a chore!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know i said at the beggining that it was good thing (: but somebody went and got arsy and all that,l so this convo is so off topic.
    Arsey? The words pot and kettle spring to mind. Let me quote you:

yeah near marble arch (its hyde park just behind the roundabout) i do know... i wouldnt talk about **** i dont know. but hyde park is a big arse park and the hostle is probally the other side, so its like a 10 minute walk, which in london is long.

btw wtv i cba with this i just gave my opinion, you give yours, dont start litlle stupid ******* arguements, people like get make me hate being english.

the adult thing to say is that hyde park adjoins oxford street, depends what part your staying on.

btw im not replying to this ****, i got better things to do, like actually help people, maybe get a life and stop searching tsr to be a *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    Arsey? The words pot and kettle spring to mind. Let me quote you:
    firstly, do you go around threads looking for little comments to make, because you havent even made a comment about the topic. like you seriously must have more to do with your life.

secondly if people get arsey with me i get arsey back, im not a doormat, all i did was try to help the op but sad people had to commpletey turn off topic, its pathetic and so is tsr tbh.

im officaly over this. ive got better things to do then sit on a computer and pick at people because im a fat ****. (:

ReputationRep:
    firstly, do you go around threads looking for little comments to make, because you havent even made a comment about the topic. like you seriously must have more to do with your life.

secondly if people get arsey with me i get arsey back, im not a doormat, all i did was try to help the op but sad people had to commpletey turn off topic, its pathetic and so is tsr tbh.

im officaly over this. ive got better things to do then sit on a computer and pick at people because im a fat ****. (:
    No I wanted to help the OP as well which I was clearly doing by providing information of the location of Hyde Park relative to Oxford Street.

I never intended to be arsey or pick on you or anything like that. You must have been angry at the time. After all you made some pithy comment about me implying that only poor people shop at Primark which I ignored. And I'm not a fat ****, hell I'm not even fat.

And as for going off topic, having been insulted I think I am completely in my rights to defend myself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.